“Horrible food and service”

Island Bar and Grill
Ranked #38 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible food and service”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We've had better food and service at a soup kitchen. I was terrible. Even our children felt the food was awful!!! The calamari came with ketchup. The entrees were cold as were the fries. They brought a white Zinfandel when I asked for Zinfandel. Unable to make a margarita. Avoid this place like the plague.

1 Thank Peter B

“Very good service and food ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My parents and I visited the restaurant yesterday. The place has a variety of sea food and specials of the day. The waiting staff was very polite and food was delicious. Enjoyed it very much!

3 Thank Radina S
Oak bluffs
“Great service”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I've been here multiple times for lunch throughout my stay on the island so far. The atmosphere is fun, service is wonderful, and the food is really great! My favorite thing I've tried on the menu so far is the chicken Parmesan sandwich. Yum!! I've had a few really great drinks there too! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a casual meal at a fair price.

• Visited July 2014
Edgartown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Favorite Spot”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have been coming to Martha's Vineyard for three summers now. This year we stopped by the Island Bar and Grille for some drinks and a quick bite when we got off the ferry. Our server greeted us at the door and sat us outside where we ordered drinks and a couple apps. I tried their house beer which was one of the better local beers I've had on the island. My girlfriend got their famous mudslide which looked so good I had to try it. Before we left our server told us about their "Island Night" where they clear the tables for a dance floor and a DJ. I'm glad she did because that was the most fun we had all week. The atmosphere at night was unmatched by the other island "clubs." Easy to get drinks and great music. The only regret I have is not knowing about this place sooner. Can't wait to get back there next summer!

1 Thank Jps09007
Somerset, MA
“BAD DRINKS - Great Live Music - Left for different bar... bartenders need training”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Chose this place because it had live music. We were told 8:30-9:00, but it really was closer to 9:15-9:30 before music started. Music was great --- bar drinks awful. There were a couple groups of people at the bar, most ordered beers... hard to mess up. We ordered mixed drinks from their bar menu (Mojito & Mai Tai)... they were awful. The bartender had to check recipes for their own menu. The pours were haphazard and not correct. It made for an awful tasting, premium-priced drink. Switched to their "My Lemonade Tea" and it wasn't any better. The balance of sweet to sour was off and it was hard to justify sitting at the bar spending lots of cash on awful pours and lousy tasting drinks just to listen to music. We left for another bar. I would say this place could have potential, but bar staff needs lots more training with their own menu, never mind if I had ordered something "off menu".

• Visited June 2014