All reviewshis wifethe ownerother guestsfront porchlaid backcookiesmartha's vineyardthe penthousecarriage housebread puddingwrap around porchliving roomthe main streetpeople watchingbeach towelscircuit avetop floor
Reviewed 5 January 2007

My husband and I were married during our stay at Oaks Bluff last September, Labor Day weekend. I am not used to the intimate experience of a Bed & Breakfast so I was a bit more reserved than my husband. However, it turned out to be a wonderful experience. The inn was just as pictured on the website. Eric was a very gracious host. I admit we did some celebrating on our honeymoon night and I was less than up to par the next morning. Eric was very kind and generous to let us stay (and me recover ) in the room until our afternoon ferry. We greatly appreciated his generosity. Especially since there were some ripple effects from a hurricane that weekend and the ferry ride home was going to be rough. The extra time to rest was much needed and appreciated.

We will definately be back. Loved room#8!

2  Thank djo0305
Reviewed 14 November 2006

We spent our tenth anniversary at this B&B based on the Trip Advisor recommendations. The positive remarks were truly right on the money. Accomodations were very clean, private and comfy. The little snacks in the am and pm were tasty and made you feel like you were staying with relatives on the island. The location was within perfect walking distance of all Oak Bluff had to offer. No need for transportation. I must admit Eric's "surfer" talk scared us on the phone but once we arrived, we realized that was just his personality. He was extremely knowledgeable and professional . He was also warm and inviting. He even has a historic relevance to the island in which he is mentioned in one of the island books. We've had bad B&B experiences in the past but this one has restored our sense of adventure. If you decide on a hotel instead of this B&B, you'll be doing yourself a real diservice. We will be staying only here upon our return for our 20th anniversary. Thanks Eric!!!!

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amcfulton
Reviewed 17 October 2006

This was our first time in a bed and breakfast and our first trip to MV. We did not know what to expect, but we were nicely surprised when we arrived.

Eric has a nice laid back charm that was appearent from the first phone contact all the way through check out. The whole experience was very charming, and we are already making plans to return next year.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Bonnevier
Reviewed 9 October 2006

I booked this inn because it was the best B&B in Martha's Vineyard due to the rating given on this site. However, I was not entirely impressed. Oak Bluffs was much smaller than I thought it would be. Having a car there would have been more ideal.
The house was very well maintained and very clean. The bathrooms are all new and the amenities are good. The only downfall was that Eric's family all live on the top floor making it feel like you are in your parent's house.
Eric's sense of style is very laid back and natural which can be refreshing. But I couldn't help but feel like he's a little burnt out from the business of entertaining. Perhaps we got him on an off-day.
Overall, I believe we are not cut out for such an intimate B&B. I also didn't like that we paid in-season prices for mid-Sept when there were vacancy signs at every inn we passed. The location of our B&B was very central (right on the main street w/shops & restaurants) however, I would have preferred the larger inns by the water.

3  Thank citychickie
Reviewed 25 September 2006

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Oak Bluffs Inn and cannot be more pleased with our stay. This was our first experience staying at a bed and breakfast and it was truly delightful. The innkeepers, Erik and Rhonda, made us feel right at home from the moment we stepped into the cozy, antique filled parlor, and we felt like we were being welcomed by old friends. We found our room to be impeccably clean and extremely comfortable. Breakfasts were a treat with the homemade baked goods and array of bagels, croissants, etc. We loved everything about the Oak Bluffs Inn, and without a doubt look forward to returning!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank suving