“Premium price for low quality accommodation - Don't go!”

Martha's Vineyard Resort
Ranked #10 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2011

After the mixed reviews I decided to give it a try - but regret it! We left after our first night. They charge a premium price - but the BB is very disappointing!

Here the reasons for my poor evaluation:
- completely overpriced! I have stayed in much better places for less than 100 USD
- located at noisy street
- outside of town, need to take a bus
- old buildings and rooms
- rooms not really clean
- very simple breakfast

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank ChPl

Reviewed 17 May 2011

I was so worn out from the hustle and bustle of the city life and just needed to get for a couple days so I booked a stay here. My children and I really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to going back soon. The owner was extremely hospitable. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was fresh, and the grounds were well kept. I have stayed at several locations on the Vineyard over the years but this one is by far one of the best!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank allsmiles725
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I also was just hit with the cancelation fee from this resort. My husband had booked for a wedding in Septemer, not realizing that I had already booked accommodations. He canceled within the week. Mind you we are still in May. I will be sure to advise all other out of towners going to this wedding NOT to go to this property that obviously would rather double dip for a room, than foster good relationships with future guests. Very dissapointing.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sullyhr
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I visited the MV resort at the end of July 2010 and enjoyed my stay. I spent quite a lot of time searching for a place to stay in MV that was reasonably priced and was in a convenient location.

We stayed in (I think) room 7 and it was enough space for the 4 of us. My only issue with it was the winding staircase to the 2nd floor - it was a little difficult to carry bags up and down.

In general, our intent was to sleep here and spend the rest of our weekend out exploring MV, which we did.

Ms. Claudette was great about lending us beach towels and letting us lock up our rented bikes on the porch. She also let us keep our luggage there after we checked out on Sunday and went on a kayking trip. Furthermore, when we returned, she let us change out of our kayaking clothes before heading home.

I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely like to return next year. I liked being able to access both Oak Bluffs (by walking, biking, and the bus) and Vineyard Haven (by bike and bus) easily without having to be directly in the downtown area of either town.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank jmp2010jmp
Reviewed 4 September 2010

was concerned with 'resort' since a lot of negative reviews - but decided to give it a chance - well - reserved - and had to cancel due to the hurricane - worried about ferry service and being stuck on the island. So, gave her 24 hours notice, asked if since cancellation was due to circumstances out of our control, would she charge us only the $65 cancellation fee, and not keep the whole deposit (1/3 of the entire reservation cost).
Well, I get this voice mail where she tells ME she is OFFENDED by the tone of my email!!! And she DIDN'T APPRECIATE it! I guess she doesn't understand how in America the business owner should be grateful for customers - we owned our own bsiness for years and had a sign in the front: "Thanks for your business"! Originally my husband wanted to see if she would apply the depoist to a different date - but after her response - no way - I'd rather lose the money I already did than give her another penny!
Well - unless you are desperate - I would not give this woman a penny of your hard earned money.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HAPPYGROUPOF7
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I have traveled to the Vineyard for many years now and this was the first time I stayed at the MV Resort. I would say had I knew about this place before I would have stayed years ago. Ms. Claudette is a wonderful honest women and knows so much about the island. You cannot find a hotel on the vineyard where you can stay for 160 per night and have free breakfast in the morning. That in it self is a BARGIN! The hotel is about a 10 min straight walk into town. Seeing most people try to exscape the hustle and bustle of the city the 10 min makes a positive difference to most. you can relax in your room and not worry about loud voices and noise. There is a wonder bus system and the bus picks and drops you off for $2. There are so many positives about this place I could go on for ever.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kingnewlabel
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I just returned from a long weekend spent with friends at the Martha's Vineyard Resort. We were very impressed with the quality and cleanliness of our room. Claudette and her staff were extremely attentive and made our stay very comfortable. My only complaint would be that the location isn't ideal as it's a little less than a mile walk to downtown Oak Bluffs. However, between the cabs and the convenient bus system we were able to get around quite easily. I would highly recommend this resort for an affordable vacation!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Martha's Vineyard Surfside Hotel
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Martha's Vineyard Resort? Share your experiences!