“Perfect”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Kathleen's Kottage on Martha's Vineyard
Ranked #5 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Perfect”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

What a pretty place. Such a nice stay, that it was hard to leave. It's no surprise that there are so many great reviews of this place. Not much to say that hasn't been said. I can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harvardmd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

I just love it! Great memories. Clean, comfortable and close to everything. excellent attentionYou feel like home, very good food, very kind hots. modern facilities and the best! you can go with your pet! Thanks kathleen!! Thank you for everything.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Analiocampos
North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The reviews were great but we were so surprised to get more than even our highest expectations. I travel for a living, so, what can I say but my expectations are high and were exceeded! Kathleen has thought of everything! We stayed in 'Mary's room'. This room would be great for couples, as you could have a living room, large bedroom, and a great big bath. But if you are traveling as friends or need separate living spaces, this is great too! Very spacious. It was wonderful for us. We each got our own large room (all amenities) and shared a very large bath.

So, the room was great, but what really makes the stay is your host/hostess. Kathleen knows what she is doing. She's thought of everything! The breakfasts are delicious. We spent 10 days touring the Cape, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Kathleen takes the prize for breakfast and was well, more than we could even expect overall!

And I should have started with one of our first priorities.... cleanliness! Our expectations are extremely high (I expect everything down to the baseboards to be clean)! Kathleen's did not disappoint us!

Room Tip: Sorry - no pool or fitness center but Tripadvisor didn't give me an option to 'opt out'...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncenjoytravel
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I am so glad my husband chose Kathleen's Kottage for our romantic getaway! It was the perfect balance of privacy with a fun family environment. We stayed in the Millie Room which was a perfect size for the two of us and extremely clean and comfy! Every morning we woke up to the smell of Kathleen cooking an amazing breakfast downstairs. Her hospitality was far beyond what I expected. She and her husband gave terrific restaurant and site seeing recommendations that allowed us to see and experience the best of Martha's Vineyard. This was truly an amazing experience for us and I recommend it for all of our friends and family!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank attrips928
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have visitied Martha's Vineyard a handful of times and stayed at some different bed & breakfast's on the Island. The places were all okay, I usually go to enjoy the island (and to see all the Gingerbread Houses in Oak Bluffs, these are my favorite)!. This year I went with some friends and one of them took care of making reservations, everything was booked but thankfully Kathleen from Kathleen's Kottage called her and said she had a cancellation and it was for the Mary Room (which consists of 2 beautiful and spacious rooms and a bathroom). From the moment we met Kathleen we all thought that she was awesome!! She was so sweet and great, so wonderful to us the entire time we were there! We were exicted to see her at breakfast, she was so fun and told us about the island and places to visit...everytime we left breakfast, we couldn't wait to go back the next day to see her! We stayed for 3 nights and I should note that I really don't like hotels (I'm the kind of person that does not like walking on the floor of the hotel or taking a shower at the hotel), I don't like sleeping anywhere but home, but I have to say that staying at Kathleen's Kottage was more comfortable than being at home!!! Everything was so neat and clean, the rooms were beautiful and so relaxing and comfortable...the bathroom was so nice and the cottage is in a great location! We walked to town everyday, everything is so close! The last day we were there we didn't want to go out and do anything, we just wanted to spend the day talking to Kathleen but one of our friends made us take a historic tour ..... which was not as fun as Kathleen Kottage :) I went with a close friend, we had been planning the trip for a year and we finally made it over, thank goodness she found this place, Kathleen (we just thought the world of her!) and Kathleen's Kottage made it my favorite trip ever!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Krystyna P
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Kathleen's place made our stay in MV amazing. I would never stay anywhere else in the future. It was great value compared with everything else on the island and most importantly, it was impeccably clean and homey. Kathleen is so sweet and so helpful and her hot breakfast is to die for. Everything about the stay and her cottage was wonderful. Her deck is great to sit at and enjoy wine in the evening and eat breakfast in the morning. It felt like I was at my own summer home. She was accommodating and so hospitable. We would definitely come back to stay in the Mary Room again. Definitely worth coming back to for a week long stay!

Room Tip: The Mary Room is the room I would choose for any other future stay. It's in a separate house, H...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CQ719
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Two friends and I had been talking about going to Martha’s Vineyard together for about a year. I was the only one who had never been to the island before, so I really didn’t know what to expect. A lot went into the planning of our trip since we were flying in from Florida. I volunteered to make most of the arrangements. I thought finding a place to stay wouldn’t be too difficult; however, I quickly realized after searching all day on line, starting the search three weeks prior to our arrival wasn’t such a great idea. I was starting to worry and thought I might have to tell my friends we would be sleeping on the beach for three nights! Towards the end of the day I started sending out mass emails to hotels and private owners to see if anyone would reply with a vacancy. There must have been an angel watching over us because I received a call on my cell phone on the way home from work that same day from Kathleen (Kathleen’s Kottage). She had a last minute cancelation that day (for the days we would be in MV) and had a room available for us. I called my friend who was still at work and asked her to look up the place to see how it looked. I couldn’t remember because I had looked at so many places that day. Some weren’t so nice looking – almost scary. She checked it out and said it was nice. So I called back and booked it right away. After speaking with Kathleen on the phone, before we even got there I couldn’t wait to stay at her place. She was so nice on the phone and sounded so upbeat and positive. When I got home I looked up her B&B on Trip Advisor and all the reviews were good. I was especially looking forward to the breakfast everyone was raving about! We stayed in the Mary Room. It was fabulous. There is the main house and then next door there is a brand new building (only 3 years old) with what could be considered a little apartment on the second floor(without a kitchen). That is where we stayed. I have to say that the pictures do not do the room justice at all. It is way bigger than I expected. What is nice is that it’s like having a little place all to yourself. You have a private entrance with a light outside your door (which is nice when coming home late – Kathleen even turned it on for us one night when we were gone all day), a living room with a pull out sofa (double bed) and a bedroom with another double bed and a bathroom. Both beds were made up when we walked in. I was a little confused because it looked like we had two big bedrooms. The bathroom was big too! It was so nice. So clean!!! So fresh!!! The colors of the walls were subtle, but lively. It was really nice. I’ve stayed at some really wonderful places including the Breakers in Palm Beach, and Kathleen’s Kottage is right up there. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and the sheets were soft. There was a/c too which was so heavenly because it was really hot and humid the first two days we were there. Outside our bathroom window there were so many trees and birds, it was so peaceful, it was exactly what we were hoping for – a great place for some R&R. Kathleen’s breakfasts were just as good as everyone mentioned in the reviews. The sweetbread French toast was to die for, even the yogurt was exceptionally awesome! There was plenty of food to tide you over for most of the day and Kathleen made us all feel right at home. Someone described it like staying with a relative…that was what it was like, like staying with your favorite aunt. She was so much fun to talk to, full of life! She gave us great tips on where to eat and what to see.The location of the Kottage is really good. Close enough to walk to where all the restaurants, shops and bars were, but far enough away so that you couldn’t hear any of the action. It is also a short walk to the bus stop where you can take the bus to all the different little towns. Only $7 all day. We also took a day trip to Nantucket. Took a flight from the airport in the am and came home in the evening. Kathleen was kind enough to call the taxi service for us in the morning after breakfast and we took the bus back to town.
I really believe we were meant to stay at Kathleen’s Kottage. It was the perfect place for us and I don’t think we ended up staying there just by chance. As I said before, I had never been to Martha’s Vineyard before. It was a lot of fun and I can honestly say that Kathleen and her Kottage made it a very memorable stay for me. If it wasn’t for her and her B&B I don’t think it would have been as great as it was. I just wish it was longer! We miss you Kathleen!!! If I were ever to go back, I would without a doubt stay at Kathleen’s Kottage and I would recommend it to anyone I know! Thanks Kathleen!
Tara

#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Kathleen's Kottage on Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!