“Better than being at home!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Kathleen's Kottage on Martha's Vineyard
Ranked #5 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Our experience at Kathleen's Kottage was nothing less than OUTSTANDING!!!!!! Everything was very very clean and the breakfast food was over the top.....Frank and Kathleen made us feel at home from the moment that we walked into the kitchen door.........we felt as though we could have been neighbor's for years!!!!!!
Most highly recommended.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay in "The Mary Room"....
1  Thank Jerry C

Reviewed 12 February 2013

What a pretty place. Such a nice stay, that it was hard to leave. It's no surprise that there are so many great reviews of this place. Not much to say that hasn't been said. I can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harvardmd
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

I just love it! Great memories. Clean, comfortable and close to everything. excellent attentionYou feel like home, very good food, very kind hots. modern facilities and the best! you can go with your pet! Thanks kathleen!! Thank you for everything.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Analiocampos
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The reviews were great but we were so surprised to get more than even our highest expectations. I travel for a living, so, what can I say but my expectations are high and were exceeded! Kathleen has thought of everything! We stayed in 'Mary's room'. This room would be great for couples, as you could have a living room, large bedroom, and a great big bath. But if you are traveling as friends or need separate living spaces, this is great too! Very spacious. It was wonderful for us. We each got our own large room (all amenities) and shared a very large bath.

So, the room was great, but what really makes the stay is your host/hostess. Kathleen knows what she is doing. She's thought of everything! The breakfasts are delicious. We spent 10 days touring the Cape, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. Kathleen takes the prize for breakfast and was well, more than we could even expect overall!

And I should have started with one of our first priorities.... cleanliness! Our expectations are extremely high (I expect everything down to the baseboards to be clean)! Kathleen's did not disappoint us!

Room Tip: Sorry - no pool or fitness center but Tripadvisor didn't give me an option to 'opt out'...
1  Thank ncenjoytravel
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I am so glad my husband chose Kathleen's Kottage for our romantic getaway! It was the perfect balance of privacy with a fun family environment. We stayed in the Millie Room which was a perfect size for the two of us and extremely clean and comfy! Every morning we woke up to the smell of Kathleen cooking an amazing breakfast downstairs. Her hospitality was far beyond what I expected. She and her husband gave terrific restaurant and site seeing recommendations that allowed us to see and experience the best of Martha's Vineyard. This was truly an amazing experience for us and I recommend it for all of our friends and family!

1  Thank attrips928
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I have visitied Martha's Vineyard a handful of times and stayed at some different bed & breakfast's on the Island. The places were all okay, I usually go to enjoy the island (and to see all the Gingerbread Houses in Oak Bluffs, these are my favorite)!. This year I went with some friends and one of them took care of making reservations, everything was booked but thankfully Kathleen from Kathleen's Kottage called her and said she had a cancellation and it was for the Mary Room (which consists of 2 beautiful and spacious rooms and a bathroom). From the moment we met Kathleen we all thought that she was awesome!! She was so sweet and great, so wonderful to us the entire time we were there! We were exicted to see her at breakfast, she was so fun and told us about the island and places to visit...everytime we left breakfast, we couldn't wait to go back the next day to see her! We stayed for 3 nights and I should note that I really don't like hotels (I'm the kind of person that does not like walking on the floor of the hotel or taking a shower at the hotel), I don't like sleeping anywhere but home, but I have to say that staying at Kathleen's Kottage was more comfortable than being at home!!! Everything was so neat and clean, the rooms were beautiful and so relaxing and comfortable...the bathroom was so nice and the cottage is in a great location! We walked to town everyday, everything is so close! The last day we were there we didn't want to go out and do anything, we just wanted to spend the day talking to Kathleen but one of our friends made us take a historic tour ..... which was not as fun as Kathleen Kottage :) I went with a close friend, we had been planning the trip for a year and we finally made it over, thank goodness she found this place, Kathleen (we just thought the world of her!) and Kathleen's Kottage made it my favorite trip ever!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krystyna P
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Kathleen's place made our stay in MV amazing. I would never stay anywhere else in the future. It was great value compared with everything else on the island and most importantly, it was impeccably clean and homey. Kathleen is so sweet and so helpful and her hot breakfast is to die for. Everything about the stay and her cottage was wonderful. Her deck is great to sit at and enjoy wine in the evening and eat breakfast in the morning. It felt like I was at my own summer home. She was accommodating and so hospitable. We would definitely come back to stay in the Mary Room again. Definitely worth coming back to for a week long stay!

Room Tip: The Mary Room is the room I would choose for any other future stay. It's in a separate house, H...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Isabelle's Beach House
Isabelle's Beach House
#4 of 15 in Oak Bluffs
Martha's Vineyard Surfside Hotel

Been to Kathleen's Kottage on Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!