“Amazing location!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
The Samoset On The Sound
Ranked #15 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing location!”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

PROS:
-Fantastic location. You're literally across the street from the beach and a five-seven minute walk from Circuit Avenue. Can't beat that.
-Rooms are not overly kitchy. I do not like lots of flowers and lace so this was nice for me. I stayed in the Apricot room, and it was clean, light, and airy, with minimal lace. (It was kind of pinkish, but then again, it was the apricot room.)
-Ceilings are high and while the smaller rooms are small, they're not cramped, and the high ceilings kind of make you feel like you're in a treehouse. I loved that feeling.
-There is wifi.
-The owners and everyone staffing the B&B were very nice, warm, and welcoming. I have stayed at some B&Bs were it was just kind of awkward, and this one was not like that. They were genuinely pleasant.
-They make it clear on the website that the rooms don't have AC, but do have fans. Honestly, we barely needed the fans-- the house stays fairly cool, and so did our room, even though we were on the second floor.
-My parents were there at the same time we were, and their room had a little balcony overlooking the beach, which was awesome.
-The beds were EXTREMELY comfortable. Definitely as good as top of the line hotels that I have stayed in. And a ton better than many budget hotels.

CONS:
-It's an old house. Floors creak, walls are thin, etc. If you're the kind of person who avoids rooms near the elevator in a standard hotel, beware. You will hear people walking around periodically. It didn't bother me, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
-I would describe the style of the house (not the rooms) as older. Not kitchy in the way that someone deliberately tried to make things overly floral, but in the way that it's full of older pieces and antiques from someone's life. Not my style, but I made good use of the rocking chairs on the front porch and was quite content that way.
-Breakfast is not full style breakfast, but continental (toast, jam, tea, etc). Again, this is something that's clear on the website, but if you're looking for the traditional hot breakfast of many B&Bs, this is not your place.

Room Tip: The porch room has (surprise surprise) a porch! it was wonderful to sit out there and look at the wa...