“Great menu, quaint dining room, and awesome service”

The Red Cat Kitchen at Ken N' Beck
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
provincetown
“Great menu, quaint dining room, and awesome service”
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

It's great to get such a good meal out of a tourist trap area. The Red Cat had everything, a killer drink Menu, the food menu was excellent and I had to pick between many things that I wanted to eat, my girlfriend got the fried chicken wich was great and I got the sautéed pork loin, everything tasted great. Jim was our bartender, he was great, funny and full of local knowledge.

“Very good”
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Most of the food was delicious and very well prepared. Loved the fried chicken and the pork, along with the fried green beans and the Brussels sprouts. Wasn't crazy about the Island Fresca soup, but everything else was delicious. Pricey, like everything else on the island, but a good, chill, local atmosphere. Would go back.

“Local & fabulous meal”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Every single piece of meat was cooked to perfection (we got the buttermilk fried chicken - local and organic - and the pork chops). Te brussel sprouts and the beet salad were delicious. I wasn't a huge fan of the Island Fresca (a little bland and buttery). Wines were decent (I've never gone wrong with a Malbec). Overall it felt great to eat with what seemed like locals in this buzzing and absolutely delicious dinner spot. It held up with any NYC restaurant I've been to. Definitely worth a reservation!

Ayrshire
“Bit of a let down”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We chose this restaurant after reading the great reviews but were sorely disappointed by our experience. I can overlook the crowded feel and the busy bar because I know for some people this adds to the atmosphere. What I cannot overlook is poorly prepared food and rudeness by staff especially since I thought it was also overpriced. Yes, the menu is innovative but it hardly matters if what you order is poorly cooked. Like a previous reviewer my fishcakes were burned on the outside and cold in the middle. Our waiter was chatty and pleasant to begin with until we asked to share a main course (a huge steak) and from then on he could barely look at us. I was left with the feeling that their reviews have gone to their heads a little and the customers have ceased to be important.

3 Thank MontyPup
Natick, Massachusetts
“Not as good as expected”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Went for dinner with a friend and really excited after reading reviews. Bit of a let down. We had fishcakes to start with were burnt on outside and cold in middle. We saw that the portions were huge so we asked to share a steak. This was met with disapproving looks and when it came it was on one plate and we had to ask for another. The service was not very attentive and the food not exceptional. Noisy bar close to tables.

Visited September 2013