“Can't wait to go back”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2013

For the past two summers, our family has visited Martha's Vineyard. We were so excited to have discovered this restaurant during our travels. The atmosphere is cozy yet vibrant and the food is remarkable... Amazing flavors. Every bite mouth-watering. I love the combination of flavors the chef uses. And, the variety of menu items makes it the perfect place to eat for the whole family. My husband and I couldn't get enough of the fresh seafood available (as well as fresh, local herbs & vegetables). We were able to please our children with simple, yet delicious items. I would highly recommend this restaurant. You will want to return over and over again!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

How insulting!

This place is located closed to Flying Horses, and it attracts a young and loud crowd.

Once you are seated on the porch, it was difficult for others to pass by the tables including ours, and our dinner was interrupted constantly and, soon, later, additionally challenged by a huge 15+ group of girls, and, another group with children running in and out of the porch, being scolded by their parents.

The waiting staff was equally un-matching.

Our Calamari was not impressive with very strange thin crust, that had no seasoning. I always order calamari in every restaurant to measure their style and standard. There is no way I can compare this with any Calamari at other places. Simply strange.

The Fried Brussels were bitter and interestingly nice, but the waiter forgot this appetizer until we almost finished the main dishes. And, NO, we could not find any staff around to get their attention.

The Fried Chicken came in 3 pieces, but, it was just like a KFC lunch meal, in an IKEA style bowl. It was disturbingly cheap-looking.
And, the flavor wasn't any different from any supermarket version. And, we did not get the waffles, instead, mashed potato glued down on the bottom of the deep bowl. This was really unacceptable, as we could not use the knife easily. Very Inconsiderate. And, I wonder if these young crowd actually noticed such.

The person who ordered this dish was very upset.

My Pork Shank was weird. I spat half of the meat because it was too fatty and not fully cooked.

I can see why some people like this place, It was definitely lively, and noisy. And, it attracts younger crowds more.

But they still kept the old mexican Zapotec Tavern decor with fairy lights. Tacky, Tacky, Tacky.

With the 5-star reviews, I had expected a better experience. I would rather expect exquisite or, adventurous food instead. This place did not provide any enjoyable experience for us.

The twist of the flavors, and presentation, along with very poor and slow service, and extremely shabby "drinking hole" decor(they spent minimal money), still overpriced at $29~37 for main dishes were not right for us at all.

The other dining places in OB is better and adequately priced in a better settings and services. Perhaps, I can compare this place to Look Out Tavern. But, Lookout is less than the half price, with the view to the open water.

So, I really put my thumbs down for this. None of my friends actually recommended this place, and we should have listened to them.

We strongly sensed the arrogance of their business. Good luck to them!

4  Thank One_Big_Hopping_Dot
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Food is great and service very attentive. This place is very noisy. - Even off season it is very popular.

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

It's great to get such a good meal out of a tourist trap area. The Red Cat had everything, a killer drink Menu, the food menu was excellent and I had to pick between many things that I wanted to eat, my girlfriend got the fried chicken wich was great and I got the sautéed pork loin, everything tasted great. Jim was our bartender, he was great, funny and full of local knowledge.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Most of the food was delicious and very well prepared. Loved the fried chicken and the pork, along with the fried green beans and the Brussels sprouts. Wasn't crazy about the Island Fresca soup, but everything else was delicious. Pricey, like everything else on the island, but a good, chill, local atmosphere. Would go back.