“Everything but coffee!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Bala Cynwyd
“Everything but coffee!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

The food was very creative and delicious. The corn soup, for example, was so unusual and so wonderful. Each dish is unique in its ingredients and accompaniments. If only they served coffee or tea, which go so well with dessert!

boston
“where do i start”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

where do i start.
This meal was so overpriced and under delivered that it prompted me to write my first restaurant review.
Our hostess told us about the Red Cat which is apparently highly rated on the Vineyard. She was the first at our table to comment on the poor preparation of the swordfish special.
At $42.00 it was a huge disappointment: undersized portion, overcooked, very dry and without the advertised san marzano tomatoes.
The tempura beans with "Thai" chili sauce were OK at nearly $1.00 per bean.
The caesar salad was another disappointment. Over dressed with thick "goopy" dressing which included mayonnaise. Our waitress told us that the dressing was Ken's homemade "specialty".
The calamari was over floured and left in the fryer way too long.
The brussel sprouts were OK.
The highlight of the evening were the Back Door Donuts procured a mere 75 yards up the street.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank hkdine
Centennial, Colorado
“Amazing evening spent at Red Cat Kitchen at Ken 'n' Beck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our experience at Red Cat Kitchen at Ken 'n' Beck was so phenomenal it prompted me to write my first review of a restaurant. We dined there on Thursday, June 5th and starting out, making our reservation with Gillian, we were excited. She was just so helpful, knowledgeable, and a down right sweetheart. Our server, Niva, was also awesome. She was patient, answered all our questions and gave excellent suggestions. My husband dined on the Island Day Boat Monkfish Loin and Lobster Succotash while I had the Grilled Black Angus steak, potatoes, and asparagus. As we waited we snacked on the Island Fresca and their Crispy Brussel Sprouts. We frequent many restaurants and yet I can't recall the last time my mouth experienced such pure nirvana. The atmosphere was fun and funky adding to our great experience. Niva brought us our meals and the presentation was out of this world. When Giulia, the manager, stopped to ask how things were my husband simply responded "I'm in love." I seconded his response. For desert we shared the Malted Chocolate Creme Brulee and fabulous doesn't even begin to describe it! My husband actually didn't get much as I hogged most of it. I was actually sad that we had no leftovers so at Nina's suggestion we ordered more Brussel Sprouts to bring back to our hotel for later.
The next day, before heading home, we felt impelled to stop back by. They were not yet open but Gillian remembered us, was happy to see us again and was so kind to let us meet Ben, the chef, so we could thank him for such a memorable dining experience. As much as we enjoyed the rest of the island, we are looking forward to our next trip there mainly to eat at Red Cat Kitchen again.

3 Thank suebstewart718
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Completely satisfying experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've been a few times and have never regretted one dish. The cook does a masterful job at creating each dish.
The only thing that rivals the food is the atmosphere. Love the design, art on the walls, music, and people.
Looking for an excuse to go back.

1 Thank grahamgrafx
Holly, Michigan, United States
“A must try if you are ever in the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Last week while visiting Marthas Vineyard area for the first time, we asked for a dining recommendation from a group of people we met on the beach. They indicated they were in the area every summer and the not-to-be-missed place was Red Cat Kitchen at Ken 'n' Beck. We decided to try the place out after they glowingly gave reviews of a beautiful location with fabulous food and awesome service.

They did not steer us wrong. From the perky and helpful hostess, Gillian who took our reservation to the manager Giulia who stopped by our table to chat up Chef Ben’s latest tasting menu, the experience was one we will always remember. The ambiance of the room with its glass bottle collection, great art/pictures on the walls and eclectic furnishings, we instantly felt right at home.

Our server Brendan brought us the brussel sprout appetizer and it was like I went right to heaven. Its hard to make a brussel sprout I dont like but this, this little bowl of heaven with flavors of lemon and just the right amount of parmesan cheese on top, is a dish I will try (and probably fail) to duplicate at home. We then (at Giulia’s recommendation) tried the Chef’s choice tasting menu and were very pleased with the Corn Risotto, the Lobster salad atop a deep fried golden tomato and the sea scallops that we were served. After all that plentiful fare we ended up sharing the Island Fresca because it sound so tempting and its flavor profile was divine. My basil gimlet cocktail was just the right lightness to go with this perfect meal.

Now that Ive been to this restaurant, I cant wait to go there again. Chef Ben and company have made a perfect atmosphere where you are catered to and spoiled by staff and you leave with a full belly and a smile on your face. Bravo!

2 Thank Jennifer P