“A bit of a Hiccup, but Clerk was accomodating”

Island Alpaca Company of Martha's Vineyard
Ranked #7 of 50 things to do in Oak Bluffs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Island Alpaca invites you to bring the family and friend for a unique experience, including a gift shop filled with locally grown garments, and down-on-the-farm furry, fun. Take their self-guided, walking tour from to arrive at the 2,400 square foot antique Post & Beam Barn. Get up close with the friendly fluffy alpaca and meet our new babies... (over 50 of them!) in our very special viewing area. Enjoy some tasty treats and hot cider while watching our alpaca or take in their alpaca video presentation. Bring a sample of their fleece harvest home to your family and friends! (Alpaca's are also for sale!) Open daily, 10 to 4 pm, rain or shine. See you at the farm!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a knitter, so I always try to find local yarn or pattern when I visit a new place.
I was told about this place from a coworker who has a home on MV.
I went to the web site to see what yarn or patterns I could purchase.
I knew exactly what I wanted. I made my way to the place via a private tour bus (over-rated) and eventually via a shopper pass ($5) to go into the shop.

Unfortunately they did not have the pattern kit or yarn I wanted, but the clerk, accommodating the earlier hassle with me getting to the shop, offered me the pattern for free. Which I greatly appreciated.

I did pass the Alpaca's on the way in, but I did not have time to do the full tour. The meter was ticking on my private tour van :-(

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to Martha's Vineyard in April month and visited the Alpaca Farm. It was so educational for my toddler and fun for the adults! And the souvenirs were resonantly priced

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The alpaca farm I wasn't expecting to have so much fun and learned so much for a little getaway afternoon the owners here are kind sweet volitant information taught us so much and worth the visit the fuzzy animals themselves are sweet adorable and I didn't just think once about bringing a pair home whether you're a tourist single family or in a group this is really great escape the silence space and animals made for a perfect visit

1  Thank TTTravelers1
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The alpacas were beautiful and friendly. We've always been interested in having an Alpaca Farm one day and seeing one up close was perfect. Our daughter had a blast! The staff was informative and let us pet the baby Alpaca, she was so soft. We will be back next year! Great gift shop for unique Alpaca items.

1  Thank luckygirlz
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stopped at Island Alpaca and enjoyed looking at the gentle alpacas and their babies. We probably spent just as much time in the gift shop though! The staff was very friendly too.