“Ashleigh was very awesome!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Full-Day Trip to Martha's Vineyard from Boston
Ranked #10 of 42 things to do in Oak Bluffs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Island Alpaca invites you to bring the family and friend for a unique experience, including a gift shop filled with locally grown garments, and down-on-the-farm furry, fun. Take their self-guided, walking tour from to arrive at the 2,400 square foot antique Post & Beam Barn. Get up close with the friendly fluffy alpaca and meet our new babies... (over 50 of them!) in our very special viewing area. Enjoy some tasty treats and hot cider while watching our alpaca or take in their alpaca video presentation. Bring a sample of their fleece harvest home to your family and friends! (Alpaca's are also for sale!) Open daily, 10 to 4 pm, rain or shine. See you at the farm!
Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
“Ashleigh was very awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We spent the morning with Ashleigh learning how to care for alpacas and helped with the feeding. She was extremely informative and was a great ambassador for the farm. The farm was very clean and the alpacas were well cared for. The history of the barn was very interesting too. The store offered a huge variety of products and some of the finest examples of alpaca products.
Thank you Barbara and Ashleigh for giving us a great experience and getting us one step closer to being alpaca owners!

Visited June 2014

MA
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“A bit of a Hiccup, but Clerk was accomodating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I'm a knitter, so I always try to find local yarn or pattern when I visit a new place.
I was told about this place from a coworker who has a home on MV.
I went to the web site to see what yarn or patterns I could purchase.
I knew exactly what I wanted. I made my way to the place via a private tour bus (over-rated) and eventually via a shopper pass ($5) to go into the shop.

Unfortunately they did not have the pattern kit or yarn I wanted, but the clerk, accommodating the earlier hassle with me getting to the shop, offered me the pattern for free. Which I greatly appreciated.

I did pass the Alpaca's on the way in, but I did not have time to do the full tour. The meter was ticking on my private tour van :-(

Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Alpaca farm cooler than you think :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We went to Martha's Vineyard in April month and visited the Alpaca Farm. It was so educational for my toddler and fun for the adults! And the souvenirs were resonantly priced

Visited April 2013
New Jersey
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 245 helpful votes
“Unexpected FUN & Interest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The alpaca farm I wasn't expecting to have so much fun and learned so much for a little getaway afternoon the owners here are kind sweet volitant information taught us so much and worth the visit the fuzzy animals themselves are sweet adorable and I didn't just think once about bringing a pair home whether you're a tourist single family or in a group this is really great escape the silence space and animals made for a perfect visit

Visited October 2013
1 Thank TTTravelers1
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

The alpacas were beautiful and friendly. We've always been interested in having an Alpaca Farm one day and seeing one up close was perfect. Our daughter had a blast! The staff was informative and let us pet the baby Alpaca, she was so soft. We will be back next year! Great gift shop for unique Alpaca items.

Visited October 2013