“Need better equipment” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Island Spirit Kayak

Island Spirit Kayak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are located right on State Beach at the Little Bridge in Oak Bluffs. Our kayaks are located on the pond side of the beach so you can paddle in Sengekontacket Pond or go under the bridge and out to the Vineyard Sound. We are 1 mile from Oak Bluffs town center. You can reach us by the #13 bus route, and quick and beautiful bike ride, walk from town or there is plenty of parking available at our Little Bridge location. Happy Paddling!
Malden, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Need better equipment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

My group took the sunset kayaking trip. This was the first time I have ever been kayaking. Our trip took us out on the ocean. I was in misery from the start. The equipment on my kayak was broken and jury-rigged. The back was never straight, and I was in constant pain. The guides tried to fix it, but only made it marginally better. I suffered through 75% of the trip, but after we stopped for a snack, I refused to get back on the kayak. I walked the rest of the way. I felt that the two guides, Blair and Alejandro were very good, and that's why I'm giving this 3 stars instead of 1.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Garrett59

Philadelphia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Must do in Martha's Vineyard!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Super patient tour guide with our group of 5 which consisted of a newbie and one child who was being a tad obstinate. We toured the bay and collected the most awesome shells on a small island. Very friendly and professional staff - this is an activity you must do if you visit MV.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank mrsgeegs
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Friendly Service - Had A Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

We had gotten a Groupon for Island Kayak and decided to try paddle boarding. With the Groupon the price was $60 per couple for 2 hours (so $30/person). I emailed the owner in advance to finalize arrangements and he was always prompt with his responses. Staff was ready for us when we arrived and were very friendly. Equipment was in great condition (my paddleboard was brand new) and despite having kind of rainy weather, we all had a great time. Most details you may need when booking are available on their website. Would definitely use them again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lauren P
Baltimore, Maryland
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great for first time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My 9 year old daughter and I did a tandem for the sunset/moonrise kayak tour during a full moon. This was the first time kayaking for both my daughter and I. Tex and Sue were great guides and easy going. Sue was particularly helpful to my daughter and I as she helped us navigate our way out of a stubborn current and patiently guided us back to the group. Moonrise snacks, lobster rolls, champagne and good conversation added perfect touches to this trip. I would recommend Island Spirit Kayak and I will consider them for a tour on my next journey to the island.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Blumagoo
South Bend
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

3 out of 4 people in our group had not previously kayaked but overall we had a good time. The employees seemed a bit disorganized as we reserved 2 double kayaks for a specific time, yet the employees didn't seem sure when we got there if they would have any boats ready. Overall it was fun and renting for one hour was plenty of time. Very scenic and many scenes of Jaws was filmed there too.

Visited June 2012