“So Sad...Too Bad...Won't Return”
Review of Hooked - CLOSED

Hooked
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Towson, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Sad...Too Bad...Won't Return”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Boy, I had high hopes when I learned that Lola's was replaced by Hooked. Boy, was I disappointed. Great location, beautiful restaurant, filled with inexperienced and rude waitstaff.

The food was good, but my appetizer was served with my entree. My food (Fried chicken) was served at room temperature, with a rock hard biscuit. I had to beg for a water, and the waiter was unfamiliar with the menu.

Customer service is not a priority at Hooked. My friend ordered an Irish Coffee. She received a shot of liquor, no coffee or cream. When she questioned the waiter he could only say it was what he was given. She sent it back. He returned later to explain that he didn't know he had to prepare the drink himself.

I could go on, but I won't. Did I mentioned that the bathrooms were a disappointment?

August 17, 2013 -I ordered the bread pudding for dessert. It was delicious, but not freshly made...it had been heated by microwave.

I'm a 20% tipper when I dine out. This is the first time in dining out that I left a bad tip...why??? The waiter was extremely rude and disrespectful.

Overall, I will not return to Hooked. My dinner was good, but the poorly timed food delivery, the wait time for food, rude staff will keep me away!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NamastePerry

Esgartown
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Sad...”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Had heard good reviews of a Vineyard restaurant that could do great seafood. Appetizers of fried clams and lobster tacos were amazing. Then came the main course, swordfish was barely 1/2 inch thick and cooked to death,dry awful, served w steamed broccoli (??) and potatoes, completely forgettable. My husband had flounder stuffed with lobster shrimp and prawns. If you have to cut flounder with a knife it's way beyond overdone. Such high hopes such a disappointment. Good news was our server was great, pleasant and helpful, left her a great tip. Bad food was not her fault.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ahalelong
Richmond, Virginia
“Up and Down”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were with friends and just dropped in for drinks and a little food. My prosecco and peach cocktail was good. The beer selection is excellent. My chowder was rich and clammy.The place is attractive. On the other hand my huband's whiskey sour was awful and when he sent it back it was still awful. A friends crab and corn fritters were OK but not great. Another friends lobster bisque was lukewarm. The service was distracted and the restaurant was not crowded. One experience with mixed results and it had been recommended by a local, so maybe we were just unlucky.

• Visited July 2013
Woodmere, New York
“My new favorite”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

we travel to Oak Bluffs every year and we were upset to hear Jimmy Seas closed,,
Someone recommended Hooked and we re happy we went. Amazing food .. Excellent chef .. I actually wanted to meet him but he wasn't there :)
Atmosphere is perfect and beautiful , loved having a drink in the back listening to a dj under an open sky. Love the beautiful fence in the back as well.
My new favorite for sure ... Can't wait until next year

Visited July 2013
Edgartown, MA
“Kid Friendly and Good”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We are lucky enough to live on the Vineyard. Last week on a day off, we decided to try and have a family dinner out. We ate at Hooked July 9, with a party of 8, including 4 kids. I called early that day for a reservation and left a message as instructed. I received a call back to confirm the reservation. When we arrived we were greeted by a friendly hostess who seated us promptly in a big, roomy boothlike table. We were greeted promptly by our server, who was friendly, attentive, and efficient throughout our meal. We had apps of fresh shucked oysters, a tuna tartare special, lobster tacos, and chowder and bisque. I personally didn't try the soups, but the oysters were cold (always a good sign) although they could have been shucked a bit better....some small bits of shell. Tacos were awesome, and shared around the table to good reviews by all. The tuna app was delicious, served in chunks in a martini glass with seaweed salad. I had the swordfish etoufee...I am kind of a harsh critic of swordfish as it is frequently overcooked. This was cooked perfectly and I enjoyed each and every bite. My daughter had Lobster Mac and Cheese and she enjoyed it so much, she had the leftovers for lunch the next day. Others at the table had Shrimp and Grits...these arrived at the table lukewarm...a bummer since the flavor was pretty good. The younger kids had burgers and chicken tenders off a kids menu, which thankfully we had asked for since it was not offered to us as we were seated. This is a lovely room with a very beachy feel to it. There are lawn games outside which the kids could use while waiting for their meals; a terrific idea which enabled adults to relax too! We finished the meal with a strawberry shortcake which was yummy; old fashioned shortcake with fresh berries and whipped cream.

Visited July 2013