“Great bar and great drinks”
Review of Hooked - CLOSED

Hooked
Cuisines: American, Soups, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Great bar and great drinks”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We came here with a bunch of people after a day at the beach and had a great time. The drinks were amazing and the oysters were great. It is a beautiful restaurant. We also came back late night for the live band at the bar and had a great time.

• Visited June 2013

Connecticut
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

2nd year, and food was fab. Lobster Bisque to die for. & Fresh Lobster-(Menemsha caught, that day..not cheap..but worth it-) was superb.!! Service started well, and helpful--tho on a Wednesday Night-Peak season-, seemed to be short of staff.
Our 'captain' was very good, but-had to work both dining areas, so spread a tad thin, esp. as desert time was approaching.(well after one hour....anyone with a 5 year old knows, this can be somewhat difficult...).Still would recommend, but they need to orient a 'back-up' plan when overly busy...Wanted to love...only get a like...

Edgartown, Massachusetts
“A waste of time”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We went to Hooked this evening and figured that since they now share an interest with Atria, that we were in for a treat. Boy were we disappointed! While the portions were ample they either lacked taste or were overly seasoned. I asked for my Caesar salad light on the dressing. It arrived sprinkled with cheese and capers, with not even a hint of dressing. Fortunately there was a garnish of lemon that I was able to squeeze on the salad. For my entree I ordered the Shrimp and Grits. The menu mentioned nothing about the shrimp being blackened; they were so blackened that they were inedible. The grits were cold and like plaster of Paris. I returned my dinner on my husband's insistence and ordered the Asian Ribs. First the waiter said they would take 4-5 minutes which was fine. After about 10 minutes, he returned to say the chef was very busy and had 100 dinners to get out. A manager came over to see how everything was and briefly apologized. Shortly after my dinner appeared. There was no mention of my dinner being comped or a sincere apology. Everyone in our party was surprised at just how little the management really cared.

Visited August 2013
Towson, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Sad...Too Bad...Won't Return”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Boy, I had high hopes when I learned that Lola's was replaced by Hooked. Boy, was I disappointed. Great location, beautiful restaurant, filled with inexperienced and rude waitstaff.

The food was good, but my appetizer was served with my entree. My food (Fried chicken) was served at room temperature, with a rock hard biscuit. I had to beg for a water, and the waiter was unfamiliar with the menu.

Customer service is not a priority at Hooked. My friend ordered an Irish Coffee. She received a shot of liquor, no coffee or cream. When she questioned the waiter he could only say it was what he was given. She sent it back. He returned later to explain that he didn't know he had to prepare the drink himself.

I could go on, but I won't. Did I mentioned that the bathrooms were a disappointment?

August 17, 2013 -I ordered the bread pudding for dessert. It was delicious, but not freshly made...it had been heated by microwave.

I'm a 20% tipper when I dine out. This is the first time in dining out that I left a bad tip...why??? The waiter was extremely rude and disrespectful.

Overall, I will not return to Hooked. My dinner was good, but the poorly timed food delivery, the wait time for food, rude staff will keep me away!

1 Thank NamastePerry
Esgartown
“So Sad...”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Had heard good reviews of a Vineyard restaurant that could do great seafood. Appetizers of fried clams and lobster tacos were amazing. Then came the main course, swordfish was barely 1/2 inch thick and cooked to death,dry awful, served w steamed broccoli (??) and potatoes, completely forgettable. My husband had flounder stuffed with lobster shrimp and prawns. If you have to cut flounder with a knife it's way beyond overdone. Such high hopes such a disappointment. Good news was our server was great, pleasant and helpful, left her a great tip. Bad food was not her fault.

1 Thank Ahalelong