“difficult to swallow”

Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Ocean View Restaurant and Tavern is an Oak Bluffs year round Martha's Vineyard local tradition. Owned and operated by the Santoro Hospitality Group (Lookout Tavern- Fishbones- Ocean View), this establishment is known and loved by all the locals. Located at walking distance from Oak Bluffs harbor and the Steamship Authority Terminal is the perfect place if you are coming to visit Martha's Vineyard for the day. Ocean View Restaurant and Tavern is the Best Value for your Dollar, offering delicious full dinners with a salad bar in one of the two gracious dining rooms, or sit back, relax and enjoy pizza, sandwiches or many of the other signature dishes on the menu such as our Certified Angus Prime Rib cooked to perfection - "Best on the Island" or our famous succulent local (in season) lobster dish or our juicy Certified Angus Beef Burger cooked to order to name a few!
Reviewed 13 May 2014

To start out, the "ocean view" is a view across a large field. The closest thing to an ocean is a small acquarium at the entrance of the restaurant that serves frozen sea food. The service was very unfriendly and the meals overpriced. Yet, it was the only restaurant to be found which was open on Easter Sunday.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Pizza, salads and sandwiches are always my choice. Friendly staff. Clean atmosphere with television to watch and popcorn to help yourself with.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

On October 19th, I flew up to Martha's Vineyard for the 68th MV Fishing Derby festivities weekend. Whenever on Martha's Vineyard I always make a point of going to the Ocean View for their Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich.

I actually was looking forward to this all weekend long and not until the last night of my long weekend there did we get to the Ocean View. It was a Monday night, October 21st.

Our waitress was Rebecca, in the bar dining area. She was most efficient to our needs. She had the loveliest smile and was most pleasant for a young lady. This establishment is lucky to have an employee like this that will bring business back over and over again. She was a gem of a waitress.

Oh yes, the Philly Cheese Steak sandwich once again met its expectations. The hoagie roll was so fresh and melted in your mouth. It was worth the 1,500 mile trip up there for the weekend and being able to enjoy this sandwich. It may sound foolish to some but I really do look forward to this, even if I had to wait four years to get it.

1  Thank PJSUNSHINE
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were celebrating our niece & nephew's rehersal dinner on Friday night. My husband had the Prime Rib & he said it was the best he's ever eaten. I had the Sole stuffed with crabmeat (scrumptious). My brother had the Chicken Cordon Bleu and he couldn't stop talking about it. Ron's homemade Bananas Foster was to die for; it just melted in your mouth. The perfect dessert to a perfect night!!! We'll definitely be back as soon as we can get back on The Rock!

1  Thank NelsonMetroAtlanta
Reviewed 11 September 2013

My family and I are summer residents and the Ocean View is our "go to" place when not cooking at home. Truth be told we always sit on the pub side...and enjoy the locals and the low key menu. The food is basic but consistent and always served with a smile from our favorite waitress...who by the way, works harder than any other on the island. Tabitha has not only served us through the years...she has become a friend. Lindsay is also a great waitress and serves us with a smile when our family comes in. We always feel welcome and look forward to the familiarity and the popcorn machine! Again, the pub side is not fine dining, not fancy...but if you are looking for a good burger, fried seafood or a lobster roll (when it is on special), and a place to watch a game, it is great. I cannot comment on the dining room side but it is usually full and the menu has a variety of seafood and American dishes.

The Ocean View is old school Vineyard and has a peppering of locals and tourists alike which makes for an interesting atmosphere.

I am hopeful we will continue to be customers for many years to come.

1  Thank pickymomboston