“Cool atmosphere,” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cool atmosphere,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This restaurant has a pub atmosphere and a very nice nice dockside view. I ate a quick lunch while waiting for my ferry to arrive to take me back to Hyannis. The fish sandwich with fries was standard fare, not extraordinary, but still tasty after a full day of fishing and no fish!

The fish sandwich with fries (takeout and eat by dock) was only $9.09. It was gone in about 5 seconds, not because it was small but because I was damn hungry. You do have the option of sitting down and being waited on, but that wasn't for me at this time.

I would definitely eat here again. There are a few other sit-down restaurants alongside the dock to choose from.

1 Thank William E

Worcester, Massachusetts
“sit outside at the marina, great view & food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

it's pub atmosphere & pub food...but elevated. I go places for atmosphere and the people are
friendly & fun. had steamers (very small portion) but were cooked in a veg broth & great. I had
2 stuffed chohogs that were the best!! not frozen, had carrots,onions,grn pepppers & moist stuffing---friend had grilled chick sand & it was moist & great also.
...this pier is a send-off for fishing trips & viewing trips...so, great people watching. Next time, we
are doing an am fishing trip...can't wait!!!

1 Thank jefferson22
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“dining with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

every year during our trip to the vineyard we always make it a point to go to coop de ville restaurant at dockside marketplace in oak bluffs.They have great food at an affordable price.The menu includes seafood,wings,a variety of sandwiches and anything in between.It is not a fancy place and it's outside but the view of the boats in the harbor makes it worth the trip while you enjoy a delicious meal.You may have to wait to get seated as it is very busy during the summer season,but the wait is worth it.We went this year the week after labor day and there was no waiting,and had a great dining experience.I would recommend you try coop de ville on you next trip to the vineyard.

1 Thank bruce877
“Total tourist trap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

If you want a restaurant overlooking the Marina at Oak Bluffs, with a barker pulling you in and very poor food at a high price, then you are the type for this place.
The fried clams that they tout were doughy, thick fried and no taste of clams. Very small portion of clams at a inflated price. Limited beer options
There were not many choices of beers. Service was okay.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mornayway
Port Washington, NY
“Enjoyed By Whole Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We missed our 9:30 ferry from Wood's Hole to Oak Bluffs and ended up taking the 9:45 "freight ferry" to Vineyard Haven, which meant we needed to take a cab from Vineyard Haven to Oak Bluffs. On the way, I chatted with the driver and asked him (as a local) where he would go for a good lunch in Oak Bluffs (so, it wasn't like he was shilling for this restaurant; I asked him, he didn't volunteer). He told us he knew the owner of Coop de Ville and that they had excellent chicken wings.

He didn't need to say another word, as my sons will go ANYWHERE that has excellent chicken wings. Despite all of the other places I had researched, for the next few hours I got "Can't we go to the place with the great wings"? So, we did.

Turns out to have been a good decision. The wings were, in fact, pretty good (both my wife and I went to school in Buffalo, so we know good wings . . .). Even better were the stuffed Quahogs (so much so that we stopped back before leaving the island for a couple more orders). My wife and I thought the chowder was excellent. My kids thought the chicken tenders & popcorn chicken were the best they've ever had (my daughter actually said "From now on, any time I eat chicken tenders, I will be comparing them to these . . ."). My wife found a new beer (Imperial, from Costa Rica) and they even had cans of hard cider.

The owner chatted with virtually every table, and not the "so, how was your meal?" banter. He talked with one table (seemed to be repeat customers) about their vacation, and spent five minutes or more at our table, where we talked about his friend Dave Alton (of Martha's Vineyard Tranport & Tours, our tour guide for that afternoon).

Would definitely eat here again. In fact, we all joked about taking the ferry back to MV just to get some more wings and stuffed Quahogs.

• Visited August 2013