“We loved our stay at the Tivoli Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tivoli Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Tivoli Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“We loved our stay at the Tivoli Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The Tivoli Inn is charming, tastefully decorated (loved the hardwood floors and area rugs), and in a superb location. Innkeeper Lisa's knowledge of the island and its restaurants and shops was impressive, and she did everything to make our stay pleasant and comfortable. The rooms were well-kept and everything was clean and tidy. Magnificent wraparound porch, perfect for lounging/socializing. The outdoor shower was a treat – completely private and trees/greenery on all sides of it. Great coffee, tea selection and breakfast goodies each morning. We will stay here on a return trip!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bostonyogini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I just read the review from July 8th, 2012 and my experience was very similar. During our stay I never met Lisa in person, but I did speak with her by phone. Her assistant, Christine, was on site some of the time and was generally pleasant and tried to be helpful. We paid $295 for a private room and a private bathroom located outside of our room, but we found other guests using the bathroom during our stay. We also found that the air conditioning unit in our room was broken and there was never an offer to move us to another room that had AC. They gave us an extra fan, but that was it. The room itself was pretty small, but it had character. We opted to not have breakfast at this location since our experience was lackluster. I've stayed in numerous other B&Bs in Virginia, Pennsylvania, and the Carolinas and this was a mediocre experience. I would visit the Vineyard again, but would pass on this location.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We have been coming to Oak Bluffs for over 50 years and have always stayed in the Tivoli
Inn area. It is within walking distance from the beach, the center of town, restaurants, shops,theaters and other activities. Most convenient for us. The Inn itself is great with
private, clean,quiet rooms and the service could not be better. Lisa, the host could not
be more gracious,helpful and pleasant. The "continental breakfast" always started
our day perfectly. We have and will recommend "the Tivoli" to our family and friends.
May it last as long as the Island!

Gil S.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Surrey, UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

On arrival we didn't get a warm welcome at all from Lisa, we entered and just had Lisa look at us as if we had come to the wrong place to stay. It was a very uncomfortable entrance, It felt like she didn't want us to stay there. The next morning we came down to the so called 'continental breakfast' we didn't see a sole and we certainly didn't see Lisa. The only offering at breakfast was coffee, orange and some left over bread, I certainly would call that 'continental breakfast' more of an insult for the price we paid of $225 per night. We didn't see Lisa that whole day, in fact the only time we saw her was the following day when we checked out.
We stayed in the private balcony room and the room was OK, but in the bathroom there was a dead spider that was there from the day we arrived to the day we left. We sat out on the balcomy and as the b&b was on the main road it was noisy day and night and the so called park was a tiny park opposite and behind that was more houses, which was not nice as on one of the nights there was a party going on in one of those houses, so it was never peaceful.
I would never go back to this b&b, I go to Martha's Vineyard nearly every year and would never stay ot recommend this place. The service is obviously selective and the location is awful and the price is a ripe off!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scoobydooSurrey_UK
katso, Owner at Tivoli Inn, responded to this review, 1 December 2012
This is a long overdue response...For starters, I was very hurt to hear this review. I never ever want to make you or anyone else feel unwelcome here. I have no clue what I did to make you feel that way. I truly apologize for the way I made you feel upon arrival.
I am also sorry you did not enjoy the continental breakfast. We do not have a licensed commercial kitchen and are only allowed to serve non-hazardous foods. For the past 23 years we have grounded our own coffee beans fresh daily for the purpose of a great coffee experience... not sure why you did not like the coffee. .. Very sorry about that too! Since your stay we have added healthy organic cereals to our breakfast selections and various milk alternatives ( ex. unsweetened almond milk).
Its true I was not around much during your TWO night stay as I had to go off island for personal issues. Perhaps I should have notified you. In general, I am at the Inn most of the time.... live here, work here, etc.
Also sorry you did not like the location. We are all entitled to our opinion. Personally I love living here and being located just past the edge of town where it is quieter yet still walking distance to downtown. Having the historical gingerbread cottages in the backyard I feel is an added bonus. It is a more quiet and charming alternative route to downtown. I enjoy having the small tree park in the front of the house as it is a nice buffer to have with various benches and a picnic table.
The noise complaint could have been dealt with if you notified us of the problem by using the for assistance number located in the living room. The Town of Oak Bluffs Officials are very quick and efficient in dealing with noise complaint issues. Within minutes the problem could have been solved and could have allowed you well deserved ....peace and quiet enjoyment.
As for the dead spider ......?
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

Staying here is truly a special treat! Liza goes above and beyond! She made sure that every guest is happy and completely satisfied with their stay! We had originally booked the yellow mellow room, which is beautiful but once we arrived we fell in love with the front room with its own patio french doors, 2 rocking chairs and flowers surrounding the entire patio; Liza was able to allow us to switch to this room. In the morning breakfast is served on the wrap around patio, and fresh ground coffee is brewed. This is a magnificant place to come relax and enjoy the scenery. Liza is the perfect host!

• Stayed June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

This was my first time back to Martha's Vineyard in 20 years and the experience ended up exceeding all my nostalgic memories--thanks to the enchanting Tivoli Inn.
We had a private balcony overlooking a sweet park. Our room was spotless, as was the rest of this insanely quaint house. I was especially pleased w/ the hardwood floors and the nice linens. I had stated out my journey in an old inn that had carpeting that did not conjure a sense of cleanliness. Before finding Tivoli, I walked around Oak Bluffs trying to find something more up to snuff and only found more of this kind of seedy carpet.
The owner, Lisa, has impeccable taste and is very easy going, yet helpful. Great coffee and breads in the morning too!
A true pleasure.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Gloucester,MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our 'business' trip to Oak Bluffs meant we came to choose a wheaten puppy from a hobby breeder right down the street from the Tivoli Inn - how serendipitous! A friend from NJ told us she had walked passed this charming place one day and we should go ahead and book a room sight unseen, and relax. Her recommendation was perfect. Of course, we were visiting in March and didn't have a problem getting a reservation, yet Lisa treated us like it was the height of the season and she had to be at her hostess best. Oak Bluffs is a destination not to be missed on Martha's Vineyard and the Tivoli Inn epitomizes this beautiful Victorian town. Reserve your room as soon as you can, then just sit back and relax like we did.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Tivoli Inn? Share your experiences!