“Just perfect!”
Review of Madison Inn

Madison Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and me always went to the Vineyard for the day but this time we were looking to stay at least one night! So we picked the Madison Inn because of the good reviews and the location, plus it was reasonably priced! A lot of places on the island are pricey and if u live outside Boston it's easy to just feel like you can enjoy the day without staying over night and waste money!
Well, this place is just what you're looking for, believe me! Perfect location in Oak Bluffs next door to two amazing restaurants and steps away from everything...ferry, beach, Main St, Gas station, bar, restaurants, moped/bike rental, bus stop, you name it! The Inn is clean, tastfully updated and quiet! Rooms are spacious and homey! But the staff/owners take the cake! Extremelly pleasant, smiley and helpfull people! Give us the the perfect tip for a moped rental and which beach to go, where to eat, I even forgot my iPhone charger and the guy lend me his for the whole day!!
Believe me, u can't beat this place! Awesome! 5+ stars! We're already planning to go back soon! :)))

Room Tip: Unlike most of other places on the island where it's better if u call, the Madison Inn has an ea...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorenzo G

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I've been vacationing on the Vineyard for over 30 years but always stayed in a vacation rental. I only had a few days to stay on the island and found this inn which is in a great location, a block away from the Oak Bluffs Ocean Park (so the ferry from Woods Hole is just a walk away as well as the bus stop to Vineyard Haven and Edgartown), Flying Horses Carousel and Circuit Avenue.

The owners did a great job renovating the inn and the staff is extremely friendly! When we made our reservations the front desk person informed us of the various rooms that would fit our needs, when we got to the inn she even brought us into any unoccupied rooms so that we could see what they looked like. The little things they do made our stay that much more enjoyable such as providing beach towels, chairs, coolers and bags; complimentary coffee/tea/fruit/granola bars and treats all day; they even puled out wine glasses and opener so we could enjoy a bottle on the sunny patio. For rainy days you can grab a book from the bookshelf and sit in one of the comfy chairs in front of the fireplace or grab a board game and play with your family/friends/other guests at the large game table by the window.

This will be my new go-to place to stay whenever I go to the Vineyard!!!!!

Room Tip: The inn is flanked by restaurants on either side and sits on a busy road. Room #6 was the largest an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Monique T
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went prior to the height of the season. The staff was so accommodating and just very friendly. They gave us great tips on where to eat and what to enjoy. I love the small patio that is hidden just above the street. We were able to enjoy private moments with our family and friends. Would definitely go again. Great access to everything.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor seem to be larger.
1  Thank Luz O
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My family's experience at this cute Martha's vineyard inn was great. We were visiting the island just for the night and this was a very convenient location. It is located at a short 3-4 min walking distance from the Oak Bluffs ferry terminal and is very close to the main street there. The staff was incredibly warm and friendly and helped us decide a short itinerary for our stay. The room was very bright, well done up and comfortable. Our short stay was perfect and there were no complains. The breakfast, though limited, was good quality and filling. For a budget inn, it gives great quality and a lovely feel. I would certainly recommend it to couples and families alike and will definitely choose to stay here the next time we visit the island.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank h0neymoon123
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was my first time in Martha's Vineyard and I was very please with our stay at the Madison Inn. It was a great room--very clean with nice furnishings and everything we needed. As others have mentioned, there was Keurig, tea, fruit, and granola bars, which were great for me when I woke up first and had to tide myself over before brunch. There is a clean shared fridge, and coolers, beach chairs, towels, and beach bags to borrow, which was great. Everything was just as it should be.

In addition, this is a great location. It is right in the middle of all of the restaurants and activity in Oak Bluffs. While there was no on-site parking, there is 24-hour free parking just down the street. We visited in mid-May and had no trouble finding a spot close by.

I really enjoyed my stay here and would highly recommend it!

2  Thank keelinblaithp
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights a couple of weekends before Memorial Day. From the minute I made a reservation to the very end, it was a great experience. Mary, the owner emailed me and once I told her we were celebrating our anniversary she offered to give us sparkling wine on the house. There was no way to recork the bottle, but Mary bent over backwards to find us some corks.

If you don't mind beating the summer rush to Martha's Vineyard, I definitely recommend taking advantage of the pre-season rates here. We paid $99/night.

We took the ferry from Wood's bluff to vineyard haven and used the island bus transit system to get around. It was an efficient system and the bus stop is only a hop skip and jump away from the Inn. Everything is pretty close to the Inn.

Having access to a fridge, free beack towels, coolers etc was great. We went grocery shopping locally and used the supplies to pack lunches and save some money. Access to keurig coffee, granola bars, fruit etc was nice. I did think that there would be breakfast included (thanks to being a 'bed and breakfast'), but that was my own oversight.

We were booked to stay in room 5, but when we arrived Mary offered us room 6 which was bigger and had an ocean view. We loved it. We enjoyed the free board games and books as well.

The Inn was kind enough to keep our luggage stored on the day we checked out so we could take advantage of our time there and not have to wheel our suitcases around.

we LOVED the homely feel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: we were in the main building and it was very quiet with easy access to the community fridge and coff...
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We've stayed for a couple of nights at the Madison Inn recently. We like the room (Room 11) we stayed. It wasn't a big room but it was very clean and the decoration of the room was neat and pleasant. The location of the inn was ideal. It was only steps away from the beach, the restaurants, and the shopping stores. We like to ride bicycles on the island, and the bicycle rental shops were a block away. Insider the room, there were free snacks and bottle water, and there were free K-cup coffee, tea, fruit and granola bars in the hallway next to the lobby. The hotel owner, Mary, was very nice and friendly. She gave us good recommendations on where to go and where to eat. Overall, the stay was a very pleasant experience. We definitely would like to come back for another visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Harbor View Hotel
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Madison Inn? Share your experiences!