“Like a beach party, good food, attentive staff”
Review of Sand Bar & Grille

Sand Bar & Grille
Ranked #33 of 54 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stopped here for lunch while passing through Martha's Vineyard. After having two disappointing meals at well rated places on Woods Hole, I was expecting much. But we were pleasantly surprised by the delicious clam chowder and crab cakes. Try the Mediterranean wrap for a tasty fresh vegetarian sandwich of hummus, cucumber, avocado, and roasted peppers, served with drenched greek olives. There was a pub crawl going on while we were there, and while they were "energetic", they were not disruptive at all, and quite entertaining. they were all dressed up like TV commerical characters: - the Orbitz lady, eTrade baby, Snap, Crackle and Pop!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

My friend and I stopped here off the ferry on a very rainy day, figuring we would get a drink while the rain came through. I've been here in the past on sunny days on past trips and remembered it very well, so thought I'd bring my friend who had never been. The location is awesome, right on the dock off the Hyline. Great place to kick off the flip flops and dig your toes in the sand while having a few cold ones. Our waitress was very friendly, a college kid from MA. Some specialty brews that are fun to try and at a decent price. We did not have food so can't comment on that. But all-in-all, a great place to people watch on the docks while relaxing with a cocktail in hand.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family and I had a wonderful time at this restaurant/bar. To me it was the perfect restaurant for a vacation on Martha's Vineyard. Right on the harbor with view of the sunset; great food, sand under my feet! We first stopped in for drinks, then after returning to our B&B for showers, we decided to go right back for dinner. My glazed salmon was terrific! Sushi looked great! Drinks were wonderful! What more can you ask for!!!

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I am a sucker for tables on sand by the water. However, it was a beautiful Friday night and there were not too many people present. We ordered mai tais. They were made with coconut rum which I did not enjoy. Probably will opt to go elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

If you have been to Cabo San Lucas, or any Mexican beach resort, this bar will be familiar. An outside area with picnic tables, umbrellas and sand. When the fishermen comes in, this place is packed. When the fishermen are out to sea, nuthin' happening. Even at night nearby bars like Lobsterville and Nancy's were more crowded.

We were there on a rainy day. The place was dead. The sushi chef came up and introduced himself. When he found out we were from California he acknowleded he was too. He made us an off-the-menu sushi roll that was wonderful with a capital W.

I felt badly they were doing better. The bartender said it would pick up that night. I don't think it really did. But my guess is when the island is full later in the summer, this place will be hopping with fishermen and 20 somethings who enjoy that sand, solo cup type of atmosphere.