Inn on Onset Bay
US$110
US$200
US$189
TownePlace Suites
Sandwich Inn & Suites(Sandwich)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$137
Sandwich Lodge & Resort(Sandwich)
US$120
Sea Crest Beach Hotel(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$207
US$330
All reviewscape codfamily weddingplace to sleepperfect locationabeaccommodationskitchenettestonebridge
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Last year, I spent over 160 days on the road. With that schedule, the best surprise is no surprise. EXCEPT, when it comes to the Inn on Onset Bay. It was recommended by a business colleague who knows my affinity for the consistency of Hampton, HI-E, and Courtyard. The owners are cordial, helpful and clearly care about setting and fulfilling high standards. I, and my fellow travelers in the railroad business, stay here as often as possible. When on The Cape's west end, or around Wareham, Middleboro, and Bourne, this ought to be your lodging choice.

Room Tip: The ground level rooms, those leading off of the expansive front porch, are the best for ease of access and views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ROADFOREMAN
innononsetbay, General Manager at Inn on Onset Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of the inn.
We are glad that you are enjoy your stays with us and we certainly have enjoyed meeting you and all of your colleagues.

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We needed a last-minute room and were able to get one of the newly renovated queen bed rooms. It felt new and was very clean. The owners suggested a restaurant up the road and even offered to keep our leftovers in their fridge in the lobby. But, they took it a step further by picking up a fridge from a vacant room and bringing it to our room. We got in late and left rather early, but we were happy with our stay...a little more money than we wanted to spend just for a place to sleep, but we were pleasantly surprised by our experience. We would go back for sure!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer E

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My experience with the Inn at Onset Bay was just more than I could have ever expected. I had reserved a cottage for a so called meeting place for the 11 or so rooms booked by our friends for my wedding...we are local to the area and rather than entertaining our guests at our home the cottage on their premisis was an awesome option.

Cheryl was so accomidating to our needs. She allowed us to check in as early as i wanted and was even nicer to let us check out later than the usual check out due to the fact she had nobody in the room the Friday before. She is very laid back and easy going, and just a nice person.

The Inn is charming and I am a Falmouth girl and this Inn has "Good ol' Cape Cod" written all over it....this Inn is charming, nothing over the top fancy, comfortable, and in the best Onset location. Onset is a walking town and this location couldn't be better. Walk to breakfast, Marc Anthonys(famous pizza), our local restaurants(Stonebridge Bistro) and the best fish fry in the summer and the Point Independance Yhat club which is open to the public on Fridays through the summer....What else can I say, this is the place you want to stay if you're coming to Onset. You can park your car and not drive til you leave.

On another note, I'm sad to say that the other Inn right down the street "inn at point Independence" was a very bad experience...I generally am very easy to please, however, I had rented a room for getting ready for my wedding with my friends. I had to rent the room for 2 days and when I checked in with my 2 friends and a makeup artist the room was very hot, we opened the windows and kept the room door open. The owner apparentley felt we were talking too loud and came up to our room, scolded us and slammed the door. I was beside myself as a business owner myself I would never treat someone in this manner. I was embarassed in front of my friends. I actually went down to the front desk and had words with the owner, I let her know that she needed to work on her approach with her patrons and told her that she was out of line. She then defended her behavior by telling me that our voices were traveling and disturbing "everyone" however there were no guests at the inn and I know this because there wasn't one car in the parking lot and she had already asked me if she "wanted me " to put out breakfast because everyone was gone. This place left me with a very BAD taste in my mouth.

I wanted to let people know the difference in my experiences with both inns in case you were trying to decide which place to stay....enjoy Onset its a wonderful village!!

Room Tip: I like the cottage because its near the outdoor courtyard and if you have a group staying at the Inn its a great meeting spot. Also, the cottage is pet friendly ...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank maurajeanrichards

It was our pleasure to host your group!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We booked a room for 4 of us to stay in. When we got there Cheryl said she moved us to a room on the first floor. This made the trip so much more enjoyable with our 2 year old. The room was beautiful with a small efficiency kitchen and bath. The room was larger than I imagined. The small courtyard was right out of our door. I cannot say enough about how nicely we were treated. More like old friends. I would recommend this place to any body going to Onset.

Room Tip: Room 105 is the largest and worth every penny
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ericfixit
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We needed a spur of the moment place to stay as we were having renovations done at our home. The first time I called to make reservations, the owner, Cheryl gave us the cottage room at their Inn. Just a day before, the contractors switched it up on me, and I had to call to cancel at the last minute. Cheryl was very understanding and allowed us to cancel and rebook for the next week. The cottage is small, clean, has everything you need for small meals or breakfast. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked great - it was very hot that week and we had no issues. Beautiful beach across the street, great view from in the room. We enjoyed the courtyard area in the afternoons. There was a grill there for cooking if you were so inclined. This is not a four star hotel, but they don't pretend to be. This is clean, reasonable, and the owners are great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish323
Onsetinnmanager, Manager at Inn on Onset Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We are glad that you enjoyed the studio cottage, the courtyard and the quaint atmosphere of Onset, We hope that the renovations went well and that they were finished when they said they would be!