“Great Value for the Price”
Review of Skaket Beach Motel

Skaket Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Location was great (although busy) and was within walking distance to various restaurants and grovery stores. The room was clean. It was nice to have two sinks and the bathroom, counters and closet were spacious. The staff was great - we accidentally slept in and they let us check out an hour later with no issue. We would definitely stay again:) Good value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Utz2BeThere
There are newer reviews for Skaket Beach Motel

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We have been coming to the Skaket Beach Motel for 23 years, and each time we arrive it is like coming home again. A warm welcome is always given by the owners......and it is a sad moment when we have to say our final good-byes as we start the long drive back to our own home. Mornings always get started with coffee and delicious muffins plus the fun of talking to other travelers. The location of the Skaket Beach Motel is excellent.....it provides easy access to Nauset Beach as well as Cape Cod Bay and the exquisite sunsets that can be seen from both Skaket Beach and Rock Harbor. We are already looking forward to our next visit to Cape Cod and staying at the Skaket Beach Motel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Arlene P
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We have stayed at Skaket Beach Hotel for 30 years. The staff is welcoming and friendly. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The property is centrally located and spacious, with trees, picnic tables and outdoor pool. And the fresh baked muffins in the morning are fantastic! When we return each year, it feels like coming home.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank NY14612
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We recently spent 5 nights at the Skaket Beach Motel and enjoyed our stay. It is very conveniently located off Route 6 and near conveniences. The staff was very pleasant, the room was nice and big and very clean. The cranberry muffins were outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to my friends
Len & Danielle D.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank LeonardDesfosses
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel 8/28-8/30/13. After I checked out, I noticed they had the mattress off the bedframe in the room I had checked out of. (#4) I didn't think much of it until on my way home, I noticed some itchy weird spots cropping up on me. At first I thought it might be hives, but after I got home, I looked up what bedbug bites look like and that's exactly what they were. I called the motel and they confirmed they saw bugs on the bedskirt of the bed, but didn't think they were bedbugs. I told them that they were, based on my bites. They were very nice at the motel, refunding the money I'd spent. Now I'm just hoping I didn't bring any home! :(

Room Tip: Stay away from Room #4!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Dawn510
skaket, Front Office Manager at Skaket Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

We are sorry you experienced insect bites during your Cape Cod stay. immediately after you checked out our housekeeper reported finding a tick-like insect in the room you occupied. Out of an abundance of caution we stripped the room completely and notified our exterminator who treated the room the next day. That room has been fully occupied both prior and since your stay and we have had no reports of guests experiencing insect bites. Be assured we will continue to monitor all our guest rooms on a daily basis to ensure the health and comfort of our guests.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went here for past two years, was listed under the AAA recommendations. First time we didn't know what to expect but very clean, friendly... My son loved the muffins,,, can not wait to go next year will still trying for this year... Easy access to Skatet and Nausset Beach and Great location for day trips..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Emelia V
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed. We made reservations for two rooms Labor Day weekend and could not have been more satisfied. We were also able to bring both dogs as they are well behaved and crated when alone. The owners are extremely pleasant and helpful as well as the staff. Coffee and muffins in the morning were very convenient. I will not hesitate to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveldog4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Skaket Beach Motel? Share your experiences!