“What's not to like?”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Kennebunk, Maine
“What's not to like?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We enjoyed our large family get together at Skaket Beach Motel very much! The rooms were sized by old standards (I.e., small) but the the attention to updates and, especially, cleaning was exceptional. The breakfast muffins and coffee, cereal and juice, were welcome starters to days full of activities. This location was perfect to get us everywhere we wanted to go and the shopping plaza across the way was most convenient. The pool at day's end was a huge favorite with the kids. The owners were gracious and helpful at every interaction. We all felt safe and cared for. ( It was also quite nice to be spared the usual Cape Cod kitsch decor in favor of more classic motifs.)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Walden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Skaket Beach Motel is a quiet spot yet close to everything you want on Cape Cod. It is a clean, well maintained motel that is managed by a lovely family and staff who see to it that all your needs are met. You can just relax in the lovely surroundings or enjoy time in Orleans and all it has to offer. Route 6 is seconds away and will lead you wherever you want to go on Cape. We have been staying at Skaket Beach for more than 20 years. Guess we are pretty satisfied!!!!

2 Thank Anne T
Great Barrington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel for a weekend getaway the last weekend in May, it was a terrific choice. The room was spotless, beds very comfortable, small but very nice bathroom. The room had a microwave and nice size fridge, very handy. The breakfast was delightful, staff very pleasant. Great price. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melgregor
Plum Island, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

With a great deal of effort, but kindly provided, the owners have trained the staff to take good care of the travelers that stay with them. Improvements are in process, and as a property ages, that is both necessary and productive. The flower boxes, the beautiful lawns and trees combine to make this a nice little hide out. Freshly baked muffins (cranberry were my favorite; blueberry for my husband) are available during continental breakfast hours. The pool is a nice place to lazy around in the sun and dip into when the heat urges you in. Pleasant people created a very pleasant experience for my husband and I whiile we enjoyed Nantucket and the Cape for our anniversary. Dogs are welcome off-season.

Room Tip: We like the ones away from the pool because they have balconies on the second floor. One in the bac...

1 Thank Bye2MacLeod
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had read the online reviews before picking the Skaket Beach Motel for my sisters, a friend and I to stay on the Cape. Skaket Motel had very good reviews and we were all thrilled with our stay. The motel owners are very nice and the place was amazing, clean and comfy. We all look forward to returning next year, I think we have begun a new family tradition. Thank you for the great hospitality Daxa and family!

Alice, Mary Ann, Wendy and Donna

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Alice L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just stayed at the SKaket Beach Motel this past weekend. My stay there was nothing but wonderful. I was a bit concerned about it being so close to the main road that it would be noisy, but where my hotel room was I didn't hear a peep of traffic. I stayed in room 22 (near the back). The room was very clean and well kept. The bed was comfortable. I stayed for two nights, but grabbed a muffin on my way out after my second night. I wish I had took part in the complementary breakfast that is offered the first morning, because the muffin was homemade and delicious. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here and will be back again! Its also nice that it is walking distance to many things.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 22 (handicap room) and thought it was quite (any rooms in that back area I would re...
1 Thank Danielle G
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have been staying at Skaket Beach Motel fro 8 years and have had a wonderful time. They are always adding upgrades to the property. The beds are comfy and the rooms are clean. The owners are wonderful. We have never been in the pool because we don't go in the summer, but it looks nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Sara D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Pleasant Bay Village
The Escape Inn
The Escape Inn
#1 of 21 in South Yarmouth
Chatham Bars Inn Resort and Spa

Been to Skaket Beach Motel? Share your experiences!