“Best Motel on the Cape !!”
Review of Skaket Beach Motel

Skaket Beach Motel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Four years ago we found the best kept secret place to stay on the Cape - The Skaket Beach Motel !!!!! Location, Location, Location !!! They say location is everything; well you can't get a better location. But...even more importantly is the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. From the owners to staff, you are made to feel like family. Homemade fresh muffins every morning, coffee, tea, juice - YUMMY !!!! Just a little side note - we were greeted with hugs when signing in and flowers in our room with a "Welcome Back" card !!! It really doesn't get any better!
The Loesche Family

Room Tip: Very comfortable rooms with two queen beds. Any room here will be great - so clean - and that is a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Skaket Beach Motel

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Basic Motel. Nice room and coffee / muffins / cereal in the a.m. Very Good cable television and internet. Small pool. A few miles from bay and ocean beaches. Directly across the street from a supermarket, shopping area, and excellent dinner / restaurant. Medium price ($150-200) during busy season.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Do not forget that the motel is only a two star hotel. Both room and pool are very basic and overpriced for what you get. Would personnally not return.
Beds confortable, paperwall torn. Really nothing else to add. Again, I would not return!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank John M
skaket, Front Office Manager at Skaket Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay at our motel. We ARE rated 5 stars by Trip Advisor based on guest reviews. We also have been named Silver Medalist Best of Cape and Islands" for 6 consecutive years by " Cape Cod Life Magazine". We are very proud of these achievements and believe they stand as testament of the quality of our property.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Functional room for 3 adults with two queen beds. The room design allowed for dressing privacy. The mini fridge, microwave and small table were a plus. I liked being able to open windows to receive the fresh air. The beds and pillows were comfortable. There was a washer and dryer in a room near the pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. Skaket Beach is a 1.5 mile walk down a road that had a few sidewalks. The motel is within walking distance to several restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy R
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The cleanliness of the motel room was impressive. It was spacious, as well. Bathroom was updated and there was a second sink and vanity area outside of the bathroom. The towels were crisply laundered and absorbent. The bedding was also crisply laundered and fresh. The flat screen TV was great and I was impressed with the size of the refrigerator (although there was no freezer compartment). There was also a microwave and a coffeemaker which I did not use. The complimentary morning coffee and chocolate chip muffins were very delicious. The grounds themselves are a bit cramped as far as navigating and parking. Because some of the rooms (numbers in the mid-20s) are within a stones throw of a very busy on-off ramp for Route 6 - and have large windows which open up on that side of the room only - my stay was not as relaxing as expected due to loud truck noise. Pleasantly, though, if the breeze was right I could smell fresh, salt air!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the motel complex - in the mid-20s - back up to a very busy on/off ramp for Rou...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank ILUVMYVOLVO
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed in Room 27. The renivated room was nice and decorated nicely. I probablly would not stay there again only because I have a bad back and the beds were nothing special. They were fine but for me, it was a problem. When I started the A/C, it smelt like mold. I told the front desk and they cleaned part of the components. However, after the A/C was cleaned, when I turned it on, it smelt like bleach. I let it run when I was out of the room. When I returned, the mold smell was back. I am allergic to mold so this was a problem for me. It was cool enough for me to open the windows and put a fan I bought at a Christmas Tree store in the window. The rooms are very clean and maid service was great. They cleaned throughouly. The location is great because there are many beaches, places to eat, and shops near bye. The exit and entrance to Route 6 is about 200 yards from the motel making this motel very conveinant. Going through orleans via RT 6A has much traffic and can get aroung it via RT 6. The people who run the motel are very friendly. I did not swim in the pool but looked like it could benefit from an update, But, it looked clean enough. When going to the National Sea Shore. I had a hard time getting in becuase beach parking was full. I would suggest to get to the beach no later than 11am when weather is nice. I'm not sure about the bayside beaches. The Lobster Claw Restraunt was very yummy. I am a seaford addict and their calm chowder was wroth to write about. The best place for seafood, is Anorlds in Eastham. I ate there everyday. It's paper plates, plastic sliverware, and picnic tables. If want more fancy but casual, I would recommend that Lobster Claw. The have an eary bird specail that it lovely. I had lobster newbury. It was great. The staff were very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Diana G
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good price, super clean, really convenient, super service, quiet, well located. I would refer to any friends with their family as well as girls or guys in vacation.

They have some beautiful housekeepers !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Pleasant Bay Village
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club

Been to Skaket Beach Motel? Share your experiences!