“Nice”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Cheshire, CT
“Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We found the Cove to be a very nice, unpretentious, very clean motel. The staff was very nice and helpful. they even recommended an excellent restaurant right down the street. We were very pleased to have found it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dbkusa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel for off season prices. We were told our price was about $100 off regular season prices. There's no way I'd pay regular prices for this. The good: friendly service, roomy queen room with fridge & micro, couch & desk with chairs. The bad: bathroom was not clean. There was several places the had "lower" body hair, if you know what I mean.

Would I stay here again? If I got it cheap (we paid $69) & made sure the bathroom was cleaned.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
covemanager, General Manager at Cove Motel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback helps us focus our attention on ways to improve our guests experience.

I am disappointed to learn that your room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival and I will certainly follow up with our housekeeping staff to insure more care is taken in the future.

I do wish that you had let us know of this problem during your stay-we would have been happy to take care of it immediately.
orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

I have stayed at the Cove on several occasions and it is consistently good. The people at the front desk are pleasant and helpful. The accommodations are clean and comfortable. Many rooms have views of the water called the Cove after which the motel is named. There are varying accommodations from simple to suites which are perfect for a family or an extended stay when one might wish to use the complete kitchen facilities. The Cove is located in town within walking distance to restaurants, churches and businesses yet only a short drive to Nauset Beach, one of the finest ocean beaches on Cape Cod. The swimming pool is convenient and well maintained with plenty of comfortable seating. Orleans is well located for exploring the lower Cape all the way to Provincetown or the mid Cape to Hyannis.

Room Tip: Room 44 is my favorite if you don't mind stairs. Room 45 and 47 have full kitchens. Rooms 20 and...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank capecodderOrleans
Ridgewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My sister and I stayed here recently for a long weekend with my daughter. Having been coming to the Cape for years, we already knew that Orleans would be a great "base" from which we could start out each day. My family has always rented a house or stayed in the family home so choosing a hotel was a little daunting at first. I decided to book the Cove because I'd driven by it many times and it always looked clean and pretty. We were not disappointed! The motel is not modern, but it is very clean and has nice touches like the water view with Adirondack chairs and fire pit for relaxing. I also appreciated the fact that they were very welcoming to my (very well behaved) two year old daughter. They couldn't be nicer at the desk and the cleaning person even arranged my daughter's stuffed animals in cute ways by the time we returned each night. I think the overall decor could be updated, especially the bathrooms and the carpet, but there really is nothing to complain about. I wouldn't mind a newer air conditioner, perhaps. Ours worked to cool the room, but didn't remove much humidity, which is a common concern on the Cape. Overall, it was a very nice place to stay with all the amenities we could want - mini fridge, microwave, pool, flat screen TV with DVD player, etc. Plus the location is very central to all the thing we like to see/do. We will definitely return!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Webster, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

We were lucky to find the Cove at the end of a tiring day. Our room was large, had a frig and microwave, and a very nice water view. Rooms were clean and personnel were friendly. It was also within walking distance of restaurants and some shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view--it's only $10 more.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The cove is situated on the water and there is a pleasant area with a gazebo to sit and soak up the view. Our room had a microwave and fridge. Instead of using the disposable cups provided in the room we purchased ceramic mugs for making oatmeal, coffee, and tea. The main draw back was the vigorous air conditioner.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bethel, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Booking ahead for a summer affair on the Cape was important, indeed.
All personal from reservations to checking out were courteous and professional.Helpful!
Friendly.not modern, but a nice "homey fee"l, Comforable. Clean. Very good housekeeping.
*One in our party had mistakenly left a jewelry item behind. I called The Cove when it was discovered missing a day after checking out, and they had kept it safely - awaiting our call. They mailed it directly to (the family relative) as soon we confirmed the item. Honesty is an uncommon trait these days, but not here.
Pool area. The Cove is conveniently located to good food spots and shopping.Avg Pricing.

Room Tip: Book very early in summer season. Only 2 levels - 2 bldgs.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#7 of 8 in Orleans
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!