“Annual guest”

Cove Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
“Annual guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I have been an annual guest at the Cove for about 12 years. The management has consistently upgraded rooms with flatscreen TVs as well as new bathroom tub shower combination. The grounds are beautiful with fresh flowers and different kinds of trees. Toward lower portion of the property there's a great spot to sit and enjoy the water of the town Cove. As another writer has observed it is difficult for older people to get into the swimming pool. The single ladder is poorly designed for entering and exiting the pool. Perhaps the management could put that item on their winter 'upgrade' list. Rooms on the second floor give an obstructed overview of both beautiful grounds as well as the town cove.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Ray H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year. Room adequate clean but outdated but upset that pool area has no safe way to get in for " older folk". No walk in area, just a ladder at pool side to try to get in. A shame on a hot day. Grounds otherwise quite nice with seasonal flowers.

Stayed June 2014
Farmingale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We called for rooms at last minute on holiday weekend and they were able to accommodate us. Room was clean and neat and the price was very reasonable. Second year we have gone here and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

We are so disappointed with this hotel. We were planning a trip later this month, but we had to cancel due to an unexpected work demand. I cancelled our room reservation eight nights prior to arrival at the hotel. When I called to cancel our reservations, I was told that we would be charged $180 for the deposit. Apparently, there is a TEN day cancellation policy which was in my paperwork, but I have never heard of such a long cancellation policy. I assumed that over one week of notice would be ample time to rerent the room, especially on a long weekend. So not only is the hotel keeping our deposit, but they will make money from rerenting it. Our relatives who live on the Cape suggested the hotel, and they have already told us that they will stop referring guests there due to this inflexibility. I would have been happy to be told that they would refund us our deposit if the room is rerented, but they were completely inflexible. It has left such a bad taste in my mouth - if they are this inflexible before we ever stay at the hotel, I hate to think how they must treat their actual guests. Just be fair and refund the deposit if you are able to rerent the room!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank TravelersfromOz2014
covemanager, General Manager at Cove Motel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,
I read through your comments carefully and after doing some research feel that there must be some miscommunication.

I spoke with the person who cancelled the reservation for you. It seems that when you cancelled the reservation you mentioned that you would be coming out in July instead and she offered to apply the full amount of the deposit to that stay. Since you had not yet made the July reservation you requested that she send you something in writing stating that the amount could be applied to any future visit. It appears from our email records that the notice was sent.

I do apologize that we somehow failed to communicate this to you effectively. We certainly do try to be sensitive to situations that arise and believe we have offered a flexible alternative. While we do still have a couple of rooms available for the holiday weekend at this time, I am happy to provide a refund should we be fully booked.

Bonnie Gray
508-255-1203
mass.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Perfect place... very clean. Room was tastefully updated. Extremely nice staff. Nice Bed, good pillows.. Room smelled fresh. Great location.. Flat screen with dvd player.. and from what I saw there were even nicer rooms available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jojodwolf
Cheshire, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We found the Cove to be a very nice, unpretentious, very clean motel. The staff was very nice and helpful. they even recommended an excellent restaurant right down the street. We were very pleased to have found it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dbkusa
Merrimack, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel for off season prices. We were told our price was about $100 off regular season prices. There's no way I'd pay regular prices for this. The good: friendly service, roomy queen room with fridge & micro, couch & desk with chairs. The bad: bathroom was not clean. There was several places the had "lower" body hair, if you know what I mean.

Would I stay here again? If I got it cheap (we paid $69) & made sure the bathroom was cleaned.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
covemanager, General Manager at Cove Motel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. Your feedback helps us focus our attention on ways to improve our guests experience.

I am disappointed to learn that your room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival and I will certainly follow up with our housekeeping staff to insure more care is taken in the future.

I do wish that you had let us know of this problem during your stay-we would have been happy to take care of it immediately.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#7 of 8 in Orleans
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!