“Nice, Clean Motel”

and 1 more site!
Cove Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family stayed here for one night. The Cove isn't anything fancy but the rooms are nicely decorated and fairly well-maintained. The staff was pleasant and overall we felt we got a good value at about $100 a night. The Cove is certainly better than other motels in Orleans at the same price point. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been an annual guest at the Cove for about 12 years. The management has consistently upgraded rooms with flatscreen TVs as well as new bathroom tub shower combination. The grounds are beautiful with fresh flowers and different kinds of trees. Toward lower portion of the property there's a great spot to sit and enjoy the water of the town Cove. As another writer has observed it is difficult for older people to get into the swimming pool. The single ladder is poorly designed for entering and exiting the pool. Perhaps the management could put that item on their winter 'upgrade' list. Rooms on the second floor give an obstructed overview of both beautiful grounds as well as the town cove.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ray H
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last year. Room adequate clean but outdated but upset that pool area has no safe way to get in for " older folk". No walk in area, just a ladder at pool side to try to get in. A shame on a hot day. Grounds otherwise quite nice with seasonal flowers.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We called for rooms at last minute on holiday weekend and they were able to accommodate us. Room was clean and neat and the price was very reasonable. Second year we have gone here and we would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We are so disappointed with this hotel. We were planning a trip later this month, but we had to cancel due to an unexpected work demand. I cancelled our room reservation eight nights prior to arrival at the hotel. When I called to cancel our reservations, I was told that we would be charged $180 for the deposit. Apparently, there is a TEN day cancellation policy which was in my paperwork, but I have never heard of such a long cancellation policy. I assumed that over one week of notice would be ample time to rerent the room, especially on a long weekend. So not only is the hotel keeping our deposit, but they will make money from rerenting it. Our relatives who live on the Cape suggested the hotel, and they have already told us that they will stop referring guests there due to this inflexibility. I would have been happy to be told that they would refund us our deposit if the room is rerented, but they were completely inflexible. It has left such a bad taste in my mouth - if they are this inflexible before we ever stay at the hotel, I hate to think how they must treat their actual guests. Just be fair and refund the deposit if you are able to rerent the room!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank TravelersfromOz2014
covemanager, General Manager at Cove Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,
I read through your comments carefully and after doing some research feel that there must be some miscommunication.

I spoke with the person who cancelled the reservation for you. It seems that when you cancelled the reservation you mentioned that you would be coming out in July instead and she offered to apply the full amount of the deposit to that stay. Since you had not yet made the July reservation you requested that she send you something in writing stating that the amount could be applied to any future visit. It appears from our email records that the notice was sent.

I do apologize that we somehow failed to communicate this to you effectively. We certainly do try to be sensitive to situations that arise and believe we have offered a flexible alternative. While we do still have a couple of rooms available for the holiday weekend at this time, I am happy to provide a refund should we be fully booked.

Bonnie Gray
508-255-1203

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Perfect place... very clean. Room was tastefully updated. Extremely nice staff. Nice Bed, good pillows.. Room smelled fresh. Great location.. Flat screen with dvd player.. and from what I saw there were even nicer rooms available.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jojodwolf
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We found the Cove to be a very nice, unpretentious, very clean motel. The staff was very nice and helpful. they even recommended an excellent restaurant right down the street. We were very pleased to have found it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dbkusa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
8 mi away
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 8 in Orleans

Been to Cove Motel? Share your experiences!