“Bustling place”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Description: The Yardarm Restaurant is a small place with a big imprint. In the last decades we've prided ourselves on being the go-to meeting spot for locals in Orleans. On any given day, you'll find townsfolk like fisherman, physicians and plumbers all sharing stories over drinks or watching the Patriots. The Yardarm is a place where friends meet and where new friends are made. A big reason for our popularity is our food. We have a variety of dishes in different styles, from steaks to Gumbos but there's no one else quite does fish like we do. In fact, the Yardarm is where the local fisherman go to eat. We even serve forgotten traditional favorites like Cod Cheeks. Then more come in for the friendly service. Everyone from the owners down to the wait staff has made it their utmost priority to serve you well, and you'll definitely notice the smiles on our faces and attention to detail as you slowly realize like you're dining at a friend's place. There's no where else quite like the Yardarm!
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Within walking distance to the Cove Motel, which is how we found our way in the first place. Doesn't look like much from the outside, but we knew something was up because the parking lot was packed. Walked in and standing room only - turns out it was Thursday prime rib night! Hostess was pleasant and efficient, kept her cool even with the crowd. Had a really good meal here - both had seafood; food was good, service was good, overall a nice find for us.

1  Thank GlennzWife
John S, Owner at The Yardarm Resturant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

I'm so glad that you were able to join us while you were in town! Of course, it's nice to know that the staff was on top of things and you both enjoyed your meals. I hope you'll come back and dine with us again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We CT Yankees, hit the Yardarm when we wash-a-shore on the Cape. The family has been going there since the 70's, now my kids for NC and NY stop by when they visit. it was always nice when you walked thru the door, were greeted with a friendly hi and the barkeep would mix up your favorite drink. The food, clam chowder to die for, fresh fish, prime rib on steak night. all good hearty food! It is especially warm and comfy in the off season months with the locals and the summer visitors have gone back home. Year around, good meal at a local pub.

Thanks so much for your compliments, Jim! It means a lot that we've become a family tradition. From the Clam Chowder to the Prime Rib, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoy it all. I hope you'll stop by and visit sometime soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My GF and I were camping at Nickerson's and eating out almost every night the week of the 4th of July. My GF has camped alone and with family over the many years on Cape Cod and she is pretty familiar with many of the fine restaurants on the Cape. But the Yardarm was new to her and certainly new to me as this was my first time on Cape Cod.

We've eaten at so many places during the week I forgot how it was that we came to know of the Yardarm, but now we'll never forget it.

At first I did not think we were going to be able to get in. It was certainly busy but the hostess was able to seat us right away since we were only a table for two.

We had to fend the waitress off several times after she served us our drinks because we could not make up our minds what we wanted between the menu and the specials. Everything sounded good and we found it hard to pick just one.

I eventually settled on the Fish Fry Dinner and no Clam Chowder, much to my regret. I have not had a bad Clam Chowder the whole week we were on the Cape, but I knew I couldn't eat Chowder and the Fish Fry. Good decision on my part because the Fish Fry was HUGE.

Not only was the Fish Fry a large portion but it was Hot hot hot. And I like it like that. Ate every morsel on my plate. Forgive me for not remembering what my GF ate but like I said we ate out every night and that is just too much to remember for my old grey cells. But I will tell you she loved her meal because there were no brown bags going out the door for us.

The Yardarm was busy for a Monday evening. Obviously well liked by partrons and I can understand why. Food was excellent, Service was attentive and the atmosphere was warm and friendly if not busy. One thing I especially liked was that we could converse during our meal because it was not too loud given the number of people in the restaurant.

I would definitely go back again, given that we could find it again. Thank goodness for the GPS.

1  Thank Alain L

It's so great to hear that you had such a nice time with us. Our guests love the chowder, but you can certainly never go wrong with the Fish Fry -- I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it. I'm happy to hear that the service was on point, as well. I hope you'll come back and join us again this summer.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I enjoy the good food and casual atmosphere at the Yardarm. The decor is slightly dated but has a lot of charm and is definitely not a "dive". The menu consists of your typical pub fare and the prices are reasonable. The chowder is fantastic. Good beer selection as well. I would definitely recommend a stop in for a bite to eat!

1  Thank RimRock8
John S, Owner at The Yardarm Resturant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thanks so much for your recommendation. It's great to hear that you enjoy coming in for some good beer and chowder, of course. I hope to see you sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were a large family group and had to wait to be seated but we got frequent updates on what to expect. It was apparent that everything was being done to accommodate us. Once seated, the service was excellent and attentive and the food was prepared exactly as described. The menu is varied enough to suit a wide range of preferences and our entire party was satisfied.

1  Thank BaTLady2014
John S, Owner at The Yardarm Resturant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

It's so great to hear that you had a nice time while visiting us. I'm glad the staff was friendly and helpful and that everyone in your party enjoyed their meal. I hope you won't hesitate to come back again.