“Scream for Ice Cream”
Review of The Local Scoop

The Local Scoop
Ranked #6 of 6 Dessert in Orleans
Price range: US$0 - US$5
Description: Make Your Own Sundae Bar : Frozen Yogurt, Homemade Ice Cream, Sorbet, with over 60 Toppings to choose from. We have Vegan, Gluten Free and Sugar Free Options too. We also make Specialty Ice Cream Cakes, Smoothies, Specialty Hot Drinks, Dessert Crepes, Coffee and Tea in French Press. We sell Local Cape Cod Made Specialty Foods - E&T Honey, Cape Cod Saltworks Salt, Wellfleet Seasalt, Cape Cod Beer Peanut Brittle and Porter Pretzels, Chatham Jam and Jelly, CapeCod Flavor Co Specialty Sugar and Salts,
Bethel, New York
“Scream for Ice Cream”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Bright, clean atmosphere.Busy with families-all generations in tow!
Pleasant, professional, staff.
Great product, tasty. Good pricing.
Can serve one or a party easily. Fun place. Good afternoon or after dinner stop.

• Visited August 2013
thelocalscoop, Owner at The Local Scoop, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for your feedback - and for spreading the word. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at The Local Scoop. We love the fact that we appeal to all generations, it is so rewarding, and also fun for us to engage with all our customers. The Local Scoop is a new shop (just over a year) and we are striving to serve not only our customers, but also our community. Thanks again!

ct
“Addictive”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

What a place! Who knew how wonderful frozen yogurt could be...and oh those toppings! There is a whole table sized area full of everything you could possibly want....fresh cut up fruit, sauces, nuts, berries, whipped cream, flavored whipped cream, hot fudge, hot caramel. The first time I came here I totally missed the dispensers with granola, jimmies etc. as well as the hot toppings. To be fair they do serve hard ice cream as well as creeps...just haven't sampled that yet as the lure of dispensing your own creamy delight is at this point irresistible. Myself, espresso with a little mango sorbet and then I go crazy with the selections to put on it.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for such a great review! I am at the shop everyday and agree it is addictive, I usually go (sneak) back for seconds. I appreciate you spreading the word, we are working hard to offer a variety of frozen desserts to appeal to all. You can go as healthy or as wild as your mood - sometimes I am all fresh fruit and frozen yogurt (California Tart) and other days it is Triple Chocolate with Nutella whipped cream and Toasted Coconut folded into a crepe....
Thanks Again!
Owner and CIO - Chief Ice cream Officer
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013 via mobile

The frozen yogurt was delicious and the toppings bar had everything you could ask for. Loved the cinnamon whipped cream and raspberry topping.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for such a great review - appreciate your feedback. You picked two of my favorite toppings - the Cinnamon Whipped Cream is an old time family recipe that I loved to pair with blueberries in the summer and use to top my coffee in the fall..... and I cannot get enough of the raspberry sauce - it gives everything a kick in flavor.
Thank you again!
Eastham, Massachusetts
“Not The best Ice Cream”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Ice cream was very "cold", meaning the fat content was barely legal. Over priced things to add to marginal frozen product. They should try serving frozen custard.

• Visited September 2012
Hi RIchard - appreciate your feedback and sorry your experience was not what we are striving for in the shop...... We offer lots of variety in frozen desserts - from frozen soft serve fruit, sorbet, frozen yogurt, soft serve ice cream, and just recently we introduced a homemade hard serve ice cream. Based on product chosen the butterfat content can range from 0% all the way up to 16%. (our soft serve Ice cream is 10% butterfat, which is actually much higher than the norm).

We are also working to keep the quality of the product high - and make a lot from scratch. We cut up fresh fruit all day, and make specialty whipped creams. . Pricing is always on our mind and we try to keep it affordable.

Let me know what flavor you tried that did not work - we know you have lots of choices, and appreciate you giving us a try. Our goal is to make it worth your trip and provide an excellent experience for all.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You have got to try this place out!”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My experience at The Local Scoop was spectacular! I cannot wait to go in with my daughters friends and have them "fill up" with the variety of choices there. I was greeted when I arrived and showed how to make my own sundae. It was great to try the flavors of froyo and soft serve. The girl at the register (I believe it was Liz or Lisa?) She was friendly and very pleasant to me and my husband. She informed us about the homemade hard serve and the new pop mobile. Overall the experience was wonderful and I hope everyone has a chance to go to enjoy this place!