“Good Food in a Popular Spot”

Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner
Description: Upscale dining in downtown Orleans. Historic building with a convivial, long bar, and a cozy dining room serving local seafood, prime beef, hearty salads, pasta and signature desserts.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We loved the food here - many great choices. The restaurant is on the small side, but that adds to the festive atmosphere. It is a great neighborhood spot, full of local people. It was a bit loud for me - the chatter and the music background made conversation an effort. We loved our meal, but felt that a quieter atmosphere would suit us better. Younger people would love the vibe of this place - everyone will love the food.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had dinner at Mahoney’s last night and they never fail to please. We were a party of 10 without a reservation. Despite being busy with most tables full, the hostess was able to quickly arrange a large table to accommodate us within minutes. Our waitress was wonderful - friendly and prompt, brought food to the kids quickly while not rushing the adults. Tuna Poke appetizer was amazing. I love their roast chicken, but tried the Tuna Bolognese my husband had ordered and will definitely get that next time we go - delicious! Mahoney’s has consistently great food with great service. A staple for us when we are in Orleans.

2  Thank hollyogara
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Went to Mahoneys last night for dinner and we realized the following.... We have always enjoyed great food and great service at Mahoneys! The bartenders are always fun, personable and make a wonderful martini. The servers know how to be professional without being stuffy and are knowledgable and efficient. Even on the busiest summer night, we have had a great experience... The food, the service and the ambience all come together perfectly and have never let us down. It's good to have a place like Mahoneys that you can always count on!

1  Thank Anna E
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We recently had dinner for the second time at this place.
Our server - Andala - did not inform us until at least 30 minutes AFTER we placed the entree order about the fact that the entree was no longer available. (She blamed the kitchen, simply saying ", oh well it was a kitchen error")
Now this would have been acceptable had she apologized, offered us something on the house while we were waiting to choose a new option, OR some nice gesture or something, but she did not say a word of apology, never even said that she was sorry, and no manager ever came to the table to apologize. I am repeating this: NOBODY ever apologized to us on that night.
Instead, she was very rude, dismissive, and walked away from the table on numerous occasions. She only came back after a long time each time, and only after we called other servers to let them know we needed our server.
My friend wanted to leave a $0 tip, and I insisted on a bit more. but in fact I regret.
We won't ever go back because the restaurant doesn't even seem to admit or apologize that the server didn't behave the right way....instead they make it sound like she apologized..........she never did.
We post reviews so you guys can go see for yourself. I saw numerous other posts that criticized the "poor service" in this place, so, apparently we are not the only ones.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

30 mins after we had ordered diner and beer for myself and wine for my wife, the waitress delivered the wrong appetizer and disappeared before we cold catch her. I had just finished my beer and my wife's wine still hadn't arrived, so we waited. Finally my wife went to the hostess and informed her the wrong app had been delivered to our table, but the waitress still didn't arrive. After another 5 mins she finally arrived and confirmed the wrong app, but quickly disappeared again, still no wine. I finally got up went to the bar and informed the bartender we had had enough, and I just wanted to pay for my beer and leave. As we were going out the door the waitress appeared with wine in hand. Quite possibly the worst service I ever received in a restaurant.

2  Thank mrussel4
Ann M, Manager at Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mickey,
Please accept our sincere apology for not receiving the service that you had every right to expect when dining out. We were understaffed, with new wait staff and did not anticipate the number of diners who all arrived at the same time. We do not blame you for not wishing to return, but should you change your mind and give us another chance, we would be pleased to make up for your disappointing experience.