“Order the Chicken”

Mahoney's Atlantic Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 56 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Upscale dining in downtown Orleans. Historic building with a convivial, long bar, and a cozy dining room serving local seafood, prime beef, hearty salads, pasta and signature desserts.
Westport, Connecticut
“Order the Chicken”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Had a great meal at Mahoney's. The chowder was excellent; and the pear and gorgonzola salad was terrific. Having had fish for five days straight, I opted for the roasted chicken with soy and garlic - and wow, was it good. So good, in fact, that I totally cant remember what my companion had - but I recall there wasn't anything left on his plate when he finished. We did fight over the summer berry crisp, so my advice is order two! The service was excellent, as well. Best of all, we didn't have a reservation -- and while I don't recommend that at the height of the season, we were happily seated with barely a wait.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Imtraveling4u

Riverside, Connecticut
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had never eaten at Mahoney's before but decided to give it a try based on a recommendation from a friend. Salads were excellent, especially the caprese special, and the portions were ample. Five cheese ravioli, stuffed chicken and pork special were all very tasty. Wee were so full we didn't have dessert, but they looked good! The prices were a little high for the Cape, but a fine meal nonetheless.

Boston, Massachusetts
“decent dinner spot”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Had dinner at the bar here on a Monday night, had to wait about 20 minutes which wasn't too bad. I had one of the fish specials, it was good but not amazing. Nice large bar and it felt like a real local type of place. The salad appetizer was ok, balsamic dressing claimed to be homemade but was pretty watery. My other had seafood risotto and I liked hers much better than mine!

Cape Cod, Mass.
“Very good dinner”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Chose this spot for dinner based on Trip Advisor reviews. Liked this restaurant very much. Ate dinner at a table in the bar area ... lively and comfy, yet still dignified. Good variety of menu options. I chose a beef dish, while my husband had a bouillabaisse. Both were very good. Interesting apps, and desserts...both good. Service was fine, nothing technically lacking, just not overly friendly. I would definitely return.

Salem, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Got this recomendation from a store clerk and was pleasantly surprises. Warm and inviting interior. The scallops were excellent. Our meal took a lot longer than expected but the nice bartender comp'd a round of drinks for our wait.

Visited August 2014