“outstanding value”

Price range: US$23 - US$32
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: As one of Cape Cod's most distinguished fine dining restaurants, the Captain Linnell House offers a series of intimate and romantic dining rooms in a former sea captain's home. A favorite among Cape Cod's wedding reception and rehearsal dinner venues, The Captain Linnell House is located in Orleans, MA around the corner from Skaket Beach, a picturesque setting for a Cape Cod beach wedding ceremony. This chef owned restaurant is celebrating it's 29th season. The Captain Linnell House offers expertly prepared classic fare - from appetizers of iced Wellfleet oysters on the half shell, to escargots and baby kale salad, to entrees of rack of lamb, grilled salmon, roast duckling, scrod n' parchment, and veal Milanese. A Prix Fixe Menu is offered from Mid-September to end of June. Enjoy three course dining of entrees such as Atlantic swordfish, Black Angus prime rib, roast duckling.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I had an excellent evening pre-celebrating our 40th. The meals were excellent as were the martinis. A romantic atmosphere with a view of the garden and birds feeding. My pearl salad (tomatos, basil and mozzarella) was excellent. Our meals ( scallops and rack of lamb) were out of this world. The waiter was great. We had a cream de minth sundae which was fantastic. We would recommend this great place.

2  Thank Norman R

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I had our wedding dinner here 4 years ago and we decided to come back for our 4th anniversary. (Just as an aside - they did a FANTASTIC job with that wedding dinner!) So, for this trip, we wanted a romantic setting and wonderful food - both of which we got here. I had the pappardelle with veal bolognese which was fabulous but a GIGANTIC portion enough for 3 people! My husband had the house salad and farfalle with shrimp, lobster and mussels in a cream sauce. Absolutely to die for!!! BIG chunks of sweet lobster and big shrimp. We ended with the Grasshopper - a creme de menthe parfait. The prices are very reasonable for the portion sizes, and we enjoyed looking at the other dishes going by. HUGE portions. The service was impeccable and the view of the garden with birds and chipmunks was delightful. Definitely a place to bring your beloved for a romantic evening. Captain Linnell doesn't disappoint. We look forward to our next visit!!

2  Thank WillowMoon
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Went with friends tonight for the first time. Perfect service and perfect food. Fairly priced. Have eaten all over world and this place easily holds ifs own.
On the way out coincidentally meant the wife half of the owners. Heard whole story of how they rescued the restaurant and grew it to the success it is today.
No franchise, no excuses. Just loving and nurturing.
Go and enjoy.
P.s. There was a wedding outdoors behind the restaurant. Perfect entertainment for the diners.

2  Thank doogiedooogie
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I spend some time every summer on Cape Cod. The Captain Linnell House is our favorite stop for a romantic dinner together. Recently I enjoyed a wonderful Bouillabaisse and my wife loved the sole stuffed with crab. We followed this with two excellent desserts, the Skaket Mess(fresh fruit, custard and cream) and Creme brulee. The food is always outstanding and the service is excellent. Be sure to take a walk around the gardens and maybe if the time is right go down to nearby Skaket beach for a sunset!

3  Thank bioguy
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My family has been going to Captain Linnell for over 40 years. We have celebrated birthdays, anniverseries, etc. In the beginning, it was a must when we vacationed in Orleans and Eastham. We retired in Eastham and it is still our favorite! This is the only restaurant on the Cape that I can honestly say we have NEVER gotten a bad meal. If you haven't tried it yet, you are missing a wonderful dinning experience.

2  Thank Sheila G