“great find”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I stopped in for a quick, inexpensive dinner and we will certainly be going back. the place was crowded, filled with local folks picking up dinner to take home. There are about 10 tables and some outside seating. The staff working there were extremely friendly, helpful. food was excellent, fresh, made to order. I had the crab cakes, my husband had the fish and chips. both were really tasty. a lot of people appeared to have called and ordered ahead of time for pick up/take out which seemed a good way to go.

1  Thank lynnturnbull

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Yes, this is a hole in the wall, and yes it is crowded and only a smattering of seats - but WHOA! Yummy fish and chips! We drove from our hotel a good distance and it was worth it! I have reviewed other fish shacks in the area which fell below (way below) the XtraPicky Traveler's standards but Sir Crickets did not. Just know what you are going for - The Food - that's it!
No atmosphere, no discernible service, but very fresh, well cooked fried seafood. Our dining companion also had the clam strips and said they were tasty as well - Even the fries and hand cut onion rings were crispy and fresh. Also of a positive note, they do now accept credit cards (unlike what is listed on their website!). They are affiliated with Nauset fish market next door and you can immediately see why - Fresh Fish! Perfect for the family and a quick fried Cape Cod meal - XtraPicky Traveler approved.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We went for 2 cold lobster rolls on a Saturday night around 6 pm. We were told 15-20 minutes since they had a lot of take out. At 6:45 we inquired how much longer. We were told they were really busy and probably another 15-20 minutes at best. Really for 2 cold lobster rolls? We asked for our money back and went to Capt. Cass's at Rock Harbor, but that is my next review. The food is good here, we have gone for lunch in June and got served in 15-20 minutes. They are unable to handle large volume. This place is tiny, maybe 6 tables at most and one outside, We were going to eat outside, plan on spending the night here for supper.

3  Thank BeachLovers1951
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had fish and chips and fried clams. All quite good and fresh. Liked food but ambiance lacking. Small place with only a few tables...better for take out/take home. Good value. Hand cut fries. Can call in order and do pick up. Enjoyed food.

1  Thank Binnyboo2
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I visit Sir Crickets today for the first time due to seeing they had beer batter fish n chips. As you see in the photos it's a very small place. We order fish n chips and clam strips. No soon as we sat down after getting our drinks. They have a vending machine filled with a nice selection of soft drinks, we got our food. It was hot and very fresh. Never having beer batter fish n chips I had a bite and it was really good. I found the pricing very reasonable as well. This is another place on my list I will be returning too. By the way, the menu is very basic but you do have a lot of choices :)