“Yummy”

Ranked #10 of 56 Restaurants in Orleans
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Lobster Claw is a family-friendly seafood restaurant open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our experienced and friendly wait staff is ready to serve you. The varied menu always guarantees fresh seafood including boiled and baked stuffed lobster, steamed clams, fresh swordfish, haddock, salmon and other native fish. Relax in our Surfboat Lounge overlooking Town Cove. We offer both early bird dinner specials and senior discounts. Got a big party of 10 or more people? Come on in! We have ample space and are ready to serve you.
Torrington, Connecticut
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

It was clean, staff very pleasant, bathrooms were nice and clean. Food was great. I have calm chowder and lobster Newbury, and sherbert to finish it all off. I went for earily bird special that kept cost down a bit.

Visited July 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Quality for Cape”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My son and I stopped here for lunch hoping to get Cape worthy lobster rolls. The lobster rolls are hotdog size for $18. I thought that I would get something more at this place where it is family owned. I asked to substitute onion rings for fries and was simply told no even though I was willing to pay the difference in cost. But I could purchase a side of onion rings for an additional $8. I ended up opting for a lobster sandwich which was a little more, but they said it had more lobster meat. I was disappointed. It was stuffed with lettuce and the meat was only placed in the center portion of the sandwich so that most of it was just bread and lettuce. Very poor quality for the price and no discount for having just the sandwich and no fries.

Bottom line - the place has a funky smell (bathroomish not seafood) and I wouldn't waste my money on the poor quality and small portions.

Our waitress was nice though. Not her fault the owners are running a poor business.

1 Thank Kristen M
Hanover
“Cape Cod Classic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Family friendly restaurant, my wife and I plus 3 kids had great time. Lobster Newburgh was delicious a nice white cream sherry sauce, clambake had plenty of steamers on it and a kids menu for all. Don't miss out on traditional N.E. Chowder, off the charts. We've made this a family spot for 15 years and more to come.

Rochester, New York
“I trust you can find better for less”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We set out to eat next door at the Lobster Pool but decided we needed more comfortable seating. It was okay but given the price for our party of eight, I'm sure we could have done better elsewhere. Service was friendly but short on follow-through. The food was nothing special and left us hankering for the Lobster pounds of Maine.

New York City, New York
“GREAT SERVICE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I were visiting Cape Cod for the first time and had heard good things about this place. We ended up eating there all five nights we stayed in Cape Cod. What a delight!

The employees were so nice and helpful from the hostess to the waitresses. Not to mention the owner who is so inviting!

The Lobster Claw seemed great for any size party and any age! The food was absolutely delicious and fresh. We will definitely be visiting this restaurant again!

2 Thank Danielle R