“Great Service, Great Value and Good Food!”
Review of Lobster Claw

Lobster Claw
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Orleans
Price range: US$16 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Lobster Claw is a family-friendly seafood restaurant open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Our experienced and friendly wait staff is ready to serve you. The varied menu always guarantees fresh seafood including boiled and baked stuffed lobster, steamed clams, fresh swordfish, haddock, salmon and other native fish. Relax in our Surfboat Lounge overlooking Town Cove. We offer both early bird dinner specials and senior discounts. Got a big party of 10 or more people? Come on in! We have ample space and are ready to serve you.
Reviewed 22 August 2014

A family experience with 8 of us. Lobsters, scallops and oysters were the main attraction for all. On the negative side, my oysters were quite small. They don't begin to compare to Arnold's up the rd on Rt 6. Other than that issue, I would definitely return soon. The service was excellent ! Should you go definitely ask to be seated with Kristin. She was fantastic.
It was a good experience ....just don't order the oysters!

1  Thank Shitzky

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Lobster Claw was a nice restaurant with pretty good service. The food was good although the oysters were quite small. The onion rings were good and so were the salads. I did not have lobster, so I cannot rate it, though it looked good.

1  Thank icefox48
Reviewed 22 August 2014

If you're trying to find a great, family friendly atmosphere, look no further. The Lobster Claw definitely exceeded my level of expectation, sea level that is. Every staff member was friendly and the atmosphere was very family oriented. There is a gift shop as well full of fun toys and souvenirs for all ages. Everyone in my party had the lobster and everyone was satisfied. If you're ever in Orleans make sure to check it out.

1  Thank LobsterLover914906
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We've been to the Lobster Claw many times, and return because we know what to expect. Service is friendly and attentive. I ordered the stuffed shrimp even though on my last visit I criticized it because the stuffing seems to be nothing more than bread crumbs. Yet, inexplicably, it is quite tasty. Of course they should probably not charge so much for it since the stuffing is apparently devoid of crab, or anything else besides bread crumbs. But I knew what to expect. Others ordered the salad with grilled salmon and were quite pleased. The calamari was disappointing. It was just ho hum, nothing special. I must put in a plug for the clam chowder, however. I never order it, not being a fan of it, but since my early bird dinner included a cup of chowder I decided to give it a try, and I have to say it was very, very good! The early bird dinners also include a free non-alcoholic beverage and either pudding or ice cream for dessert. The children's early bird dinner included a popsicle. One curious problem -- upon entering the Lobster claw, one is hit with a rather unpleasant smell. Fortunately we apparently got used to it quickly and it did not negatively impact our dining experience.

1  Thank Sundancekid330
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just came from a wonderful dinner with my family. We had a 15 month old niece with us and this place is made for small diners. From the crayons to fully stocked gift store, dining with a baby was a breeze. Everybody was very friendly and service was efficient. The best part: FOOD. Even for a not so big fried food lower we could never not to order the fried Fisherman's Platter. I tell you the amount of the real seafood on that plate is amazing ( other places disguise pile of french fries with couple scallops) , here: scallops, shrimp, fish and whole belly clams!!! you almost do not need a side. Chowder, lobster club sandwich, salad with grilled shrimp also landed on our table and everything got eaten to the last bit. Secret tip: order the corn on the cob - so sweet, unbelievable!!!! Well I can`t wait to visit them again soon.