“Outstanding Dinner - Again” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beacon Room

Beacon Room
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Orleans
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
irishrifle
“Outstanding Dinner - Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

On Thursday night, August 7, my wife and I along with our daughter and her boyfriend, returned to the Beacon Room for dinner. We have dined at the Beacon Room a number of times over the years and have never been disappointed. The parking lot was completely full when we arrived (we literally got the last space) and we anticipated a lengthy wait to be seated, but to our surprise and delight, we were seated immediately.

Both the food and the service were absolutely outstanding. This was definitely the best meal we had on the Cape during the two weeks we stayed. We all had the filet mignon, and each of us had outstanding cuts that were cooked exactly as we had ordered. The entrees were also served piping hot (one of my pet peaves, when this does not occur) The steaks were delicious, as were the salads and the sides. We also had an excellent Pinot Noir, and I was surprised at how little the mark-up was. Our server, Karen, was friendly, attentive and did a terrific job. I highly recommend the Beacon Room.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank irishrifle

Boston
“Wonderful meal, again this summer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Comfortable, friendly environment. Outstanding Italian-influenced menu heavy on the seafood. Nice wine list. This and Abba across the street are the best of the mid Cape.

Waitsburg, Washington
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is what I want to find whenever I travel. It's a charming little building which happened to be only a few blocks from our hotel. The staff was very cordial, the food was interesting and delicious and the bar and wine list were very nicely handled. I felt welcomed as if I were in their home.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Richard H
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
“Excellent upscale dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

When I'm on vacation, the ambiance of a restaurant is almost more important than the food, and the ambiance at the Beacon is perfect for a nice night out in Orleans--it's a beautiful, simple space, not too fancy, but with an elegant yet casual vibe. Service was friendly and quick but non-intrusive. I liked that half-orders were available for dinner entrees--because when you are planning to put on a bathing suit tomorrow, who really wants to eat a pound of ravioli? The vegetarian options (such as the ravioli) were very fresh and tasty, but the meat and fish dishes also looked good. Of course, having a lighter dinner also allows you to save some room to split a dessert, and they are very good here also!

1 Thank develbow
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I were in the mood for seafood that wasn't fried. We were originally planning to go to a restaurant down the street but the wait was so long, we decided to go else where. We ended up at the Beacon Room and I'm so glad we did. I have to admit, I was a little reluctant because we had our 10 month old in tow. The staff seemed to be fine with it and thankfully she was well behaved. I ordered the Pan Seared Sole which was delicious. It was a little sweeter that I anticipated but it was still very good. My husband got the Seafood Fra Diavlo which he was also happy with. We started with the calamari which my husband loved because it had fried chourico. Overall it was a great meal and I appreciate the fact that they accommodated my small child which I'm sure is rare in fine dining establishments. We'll certainly come back on our next trip to the cape.