“There's no place like home!”

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Dalton, Massachusetts
“There's no place like home!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I've been coming to the Olde Tavern since I was a little girl - first with my parents, then with my mom after my dad died, then with my own son. Not having been in a few years, I decided to treat myself to a week for my birthday. I was planning on being alone the whole time, but then 3 of my friends came for a couple days to celebrate with me. Brandon, Tony, Sarah, Jena, and David were more than accommodating to all of us and especially to me personally. Every time I have stayed somewhere else on the Cape, I have wished I was back at the Olde Tavern. For first-time visitors and repeat customers alike, this is really a perfect place. The entire place is extremely clean, very safe, within walking or driving distance to anything you need or want to do; very visitor- and family-friendly, and I felt very safe being there as a single woman part of the time. Due to booking late in the season I missed out on a deck room, but my corner room was very quiet and easily accessible and still just a short walk through the back yard to the pool. Brandon, Tony, and David were full of ideas for fun ways for us to spend my birthday weekend with the girls, but the quiet time alone I wanted was also encouraged and celebrated as well. One day a flower delivery arrived for me; not only did they arrange them beautifully for me (thanks to florist Jena being there as well!), but they displayed them on the table in my room so that when we arrived back from the beach, I could see them through the window when we drove in. Little touches like that really make the Olde Tavern feel like a home away from home for me, especially since their family has owned and managed the business for 30+ years now. I'm going back in a couple weeks for a quick weekend, and I'm already planning next year's vacation with them. Thank you again to the entire Bader family and staff!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank redsoxrita

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband, baby daughter, and I stayed at this motel for a week. The price was right and the location couldn't be beat. When the weather prevented us from going to the beach, the very friendly staff recommended some excellent nature trails, mini golf, even a drive-in movie theater that was a great option for a small baby. The hotel pool was a great temperature. Free muffins each morning was a nice touch, too. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

Douglas, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I've stayed at the Olde Tavern Motel several times over the past few years; usually when I'm visiting the Outer Cape area for short stays. Being in Orleans is a great location as you're within minutes of the best beaches on the Cape and the Olde Tavern is a great hub. The staff is always friendly, the rooms are clean and the property is well maintained....I find it a great value overall and look forward to dropping by for a couple of days in the off season.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Glastonbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

The one thing that stands out above all for me is the friendly and helpful service at this motel.
If you value helpful, friendly service this is the place for you. You will not be disappointed. Just got home from our summer trip in Cape Cod. We had another great stay at the Olde Tavern Motel. This year we had to book last minute and due to the last minute nature of our stay our room did not have a room with a deck. It was one of the outer 'wing' rooms instead. The room was spacious, and clean and suited our needs well as a family of four. The location is terrific- Centrally located between ocean and bay beaches allowing easy trips to each and also very close proximity to the cape cod rail trail, shops, and restaurants. The pool at this location is wonderful. My boys enjoyed the pool a great deal and it was a great spot to relax and swim. During our stay we had one day which we were unsure what activities to do, Brandon was helpful and offered many different ideas, finally we decided on trying the Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch out of Provincetown. What a great experience that was for our entire family! We saw many whales, great views, and learned alot.
Olde Tavern Motel was Great service, location, and pool - a great experience.

Room Tip: We stayed on an outer 'wing room' this time and it was a pleasant experience. Previously we...
Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Overall, this wasn't a bad place to stay for the money and was actually pretty reasonable considering what other motels on the cape are charging at this time of year.

Its location is convenient to pretty much everything in the Brewster/Orleans area and the rooms were respectable and clean.

I was staying in one of the rooms that did not have a deck so I have no idea whether those rooms felt a little less closed in. But there was really no break, except the sidewalk, between the door to the rooms and the parking lot. There was only 3 feet of distance between the back of my car and the door to my room. That was great for loading and unloading but felt a bit closed in.

The room itself had pretty much everything you'd want and included a mini-fridge. What it didn't have was a microwave. The motel itself had one but it was located halfway across the parking lot in the same closet-like space where the ice machine was located.

The other issue was that the room was very dark. At one point I was trying to read and had every light on in the room and still felt struggled to read without straining.

Otherwise, the staff was very nice and very responsive to questions and requests. The only other comment that I would make is that the continental breakfast doesn't get going til after 8:00 a.m.. Even on vacation, I'm an early bird and, while I"m sure that most people aren't up as early as I am, waiting til 8 for coffee is really pushing it. There were a number of us who were up and headed elsewhere to start our morning.

Room Tip: Get one of the rooms with the deck. It might provide a breath of fresh air.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mame90
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

This hotel-motel "wings" have been added on to a 200 year old historical building. The rooms are large, well-lit, and comfortable. Nothing is state-of-the-art, but who cares. This is a friendly, happy spot with welcoming hosts, a homey lobby with coffee and pastry, reaslly convenient location, surprisingly nice pool, and excellent value-for-money on Cape Cod. I am a repeat customer and will happily return to my friends at Old Tavern.

Palm Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I don't like to write negative reviews, however aside from the lovely enterence lawn and facade and new carpeting it was downhill all the way. The room had energy conserving light bulbs and was very dark. The air conditioner went on and off with a loud noise that kept awakening us all night long. The blankets were so heaverly pilled that I think that was holding them together.The tv set was very small and very old. I don't know how old the acustic tiles on the ceiling were, but they were two shades of brown and very depressing The furniture was so old that the finish was worn off in many places.
Needless to say, I would never stay there again!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank northandsouthtoo
oldtavernmotel, Manager at Olde Tavern Motel & Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
As the Manager of this Property, I would like to describe the reaction taken in addressing our latest feedback. The Cape Light Compact Light bulbs, have been slowly replaced over this season, in working toward brighter rooms. Instead of waiting for the rest, Tony & Brandon opted to remove and replace the rest of our energy efficient light bulbs. Regarding loud AC's, Many watched the Owners fix the problem, as they finished up on 8/3, an 8 Room A/C replacement project, in addressing all possible AC problems. Therefore, I am confident in ensuring all guests, a nice, quiet Air Conditioner. Now with all rooms up to par with perfectly efficient Air Conditioners, The Owners have acted further, in beginning to order new Televisions, for certain rooms based on recent feedback. It is Clear, the Owners Listen. Please See us in Person, In Giving us a shot to make all good during your stay. All Comments & Feedback are appreciated at the Desk, So We can Make Sure our Guests are happy. Brandon & Tony have begun to offer In-Room Coffee Makers, provide microwaves, & continue to update amenities.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
#7 of 8 in Orleans
Governor Prence Inn
Governor Prence Inn
#5 of 8 in Orleans

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!