“Great value on the Cape”

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Davis, CA
“Great value on the Cape”
Reviewed 31 July 2008

The Olde Tavern is well located, in the small town of Orleans.

The building is nothing special, just a typical motel. However everything is very clean and well maintained. The beds were quite comfortable. The owners are very friendly and gave us some great recommendations.

They have a nice pool in the back and the property is set quite far back off the road.

You can walk to stores and restaurants.

Not much of a breakfast...just some muffins and coffee. It would be great if they beefed up the offerings a bit.

Overall, this is a solid value on the Cape.

• Liked — Very nice owners
  • Disliked — Meager continental breakfast
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
ct
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Just got back from a 4 night stay in Orleans,Ma...this hotel has a perfect setting being set back far from the road... you do not see that often.....furnishings are older, but everything is CLEAN and LIKE NEW(room 118)..no stains or show of wear on anything... pool is nice and relaxing in back of hotel.. Room also had cozy deck and nice grounds. Would stay here again.Friendly owner and workers. Perfect for a getaway with my girlfriend... I would recommend this hotel and we are 19 and 22. Seashore Park was really run down in Orleans(stayed there before) and probably was more expensive. Great muffins and coffee are available each morning at 830..
dan and carina

• Liked — location,cleanliness
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Port Jefferson, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Based on reviews here, I thought I should stay here with my family. It is not terrible, but the place is old and needs to be refurbished. The staff are friendly, but lack a certain professionalism and polish. There was no shampoo in the bathroom, some hair in the tub, and the drainage was problematic. I will look for another place the next time I'm on the Cape.

5 Thank nauta53
elvis-eli, owner at Olde Tavern Motel & Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2008
Thank you sir, your input is much appreciated, even while recognizing its lack of positivity. I'd like to thank you for the compliments on our staff as being very helpful.
Overall, this simply shows nobody is perfect, and I can't keep EVERYONE happy. But i will use your review as constructive criticism.
Please rest assured your drain has been cleaned, :) and shampoo, as well as other extra amenities, are available at our inviting front desk.
I do realize i don't own a Ritz Carlton Hotel, but i do take huge amounts of pride in keeping our place spotless while working, with what i have, to be the best that we can possibly be. We love our antique furniture and olde Cape Cod cozy feel here, but it may not be for everyone.
Cape Cod IS laid back, it IS less formal, and tends to show in several different ways. One of which may be that I, the owner, was not in a suit and tie, but rather flip flops and sunglasses.
I wouldn't change that for the world though, i love what i do and love seeing 99.999% of my guests, and repeat visitors, happier and happier as each year passes by....so smiles and thank you's to everyone out there.
yours truly,
Brandon

Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I know how reviews affect travel plans when you are going to an unknown motel and just want to add my 2cents if you are considering the Old Tavern Motel. We stayed a week and it was a most comfortable stay! Without a doubt, the proprieters of this motel are hospitable and nice, Brandon is concerned with the quality of your stay. The rooms are modest, and clean and very accessible if you have any handicap needs, such as short distance walking. The location is excellent with 2 beach choices of either tidal pools or surf and there are many selections for dining closeby. The staff is friendly and helpful with directions and ideas. And even though it's set off from a main road through Orleans, it felt safe and the grounds are inviting with a welcoming landscape of flowering shrubs and groomed lawn. I would recommend this motel for a good deal with modest rates and rooms!

• Liked — Nice people, clean bathroom!
  • Disliked — Not enough towel racks ;-)
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We arrived in Orleans quite tired after a long drive from Canda only to be met with Brandon who was cheery and really went out of his way to be helpful. We weren't sure how long we were going to stay but it turned out we stayed twice as long as planned due to not only because we love the place but for the most part, due to how pleased were because we felt that the owner really had his heart in attending to the needs of others - a sincere guy through and through... I have traveled extensively all over the world and stayed at many chain hotels for the sheer convenience of being close to the interstates but much prefer the quaint setting of an inn like this one. It reminded me of the same kind of hospitality that you get in Austria at mountainside inns where the people are so kind and it sticks with you.
We most certainly will be back again! Furthermore, I have mentioned this place to my own family as very recommended.

• Liked — The owner's exceptional helpfulness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 June 2008

Last year we stayed here because of the price, this year we returned not only for the great rate but also the truly exellent service. The Manager/Proprietor not only took excellent care of us as his guests but also provided excellent recomendations on everything from local fine dining to one of the best sub shops and beaches I have seen. I have had a few great vacations in my time but never one good enough that made me feel like letting the cyber world know, untill now.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
The Mansion at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 8 in Orleans
Wequassett Resort and Golf Club

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!