Stayed here during summer of 2013. As I read the reviews on this motel, both on Yelp and on other review sites, I am struck at how defensive the management is when negative reviews are written. If you do not want negative reviews, take pride in your business.
We are travelers and have stayed in scores and scores of hotels and motels over the past 30 years in both the United States and abroad. This motel is just your average, run of the mill. Yes, it was fairly clean, yes it was moderately priced for Cape Cod in July, yes it was conveniently located. Yes, we only were there to sleep for three nights and yes, it served our purpose.
1. The entrance sign is extremely difficult to see when coming off of Route 28 driving onto Canal St. towards the motel. It faces in the opposite direction, it is covered with foliage and it is not lit at night. In essence, we drove right past the motel.
2. The key to the door was sticky and it took quite a bit of jiggling to get it open. The door itself was swollen and we had to kick it open. The door knob is from 1964.
3. Upon entering, I was struck with how outdated and downtrodden it looked and felt.
4. There was not one painting or picture of any kind on the walls.
5. The bathroom had atrocious looking plaster coming off around the toilet pipe and the door to the bathroom was filthy with dark black fingerprints, obviously not washed in a very long time. The Formica was from the 1960s!
6. The mattresses were passable, but after staying at a motel in Dennisport in March, where the mattresses were plush and new, these were sub par. Same price motel, may I add.
7. The pillows were extremely thin and upon inspection three of the four pillows were stained....people's SPIT!!! It's very good that we bring our own pillows.
8. The sliding glass door, out to the patio (where the view is Route 6!) was "locked" with an iron rod and wooden rod!
9. The room had a distinctively "old" odor about it!
10. The hot tub's "safety" bar was extremely lose and seemed treacherous! The cement around the edge of the hot tub was cracked with chunks out of it. There were no stairs leading down into it, thus not allowing older folks to benefit from the hot tub.
11. The towels were the thinnest I've ever had in a motel/hotel as were the face clothes .
12. The continental breakfast was a pass. Awful coffee and cheap pastries. Yuck!
13. The dining room was dated and disgusting. Cob webs in the corners of the windows, and flaking varnish on the window sills. Old, old carpeting and old, old tables and chairs.
14. The cheapest, cheapest television on the market, crappy, crappy.
15. Electricity blew out a few times????
16. Dirty air conditioner filter and smelly.
In general this motel is high on our list as one of the most unpleasant that we have stayed in.
And, in closing, the management will undoubtedly become defensive and explain how all of my criticisms are untrue and probably go on and on about how they've updated and put so much into this place, BUT, it did not meet our requirements.
This motel is okay for families who are trying to save a buck, but not for the baby boomers, like ourselves who are accustomed to finer accommodations for the same price.
The bottom line is, the owners don't have to put a lot of money into it because they know they will always have clientele, with little to no effort on their part, thus reaping huge amounts of money. If you're going to own a motel, take pride in it, and keep it up to date, then positive reviews will be yours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Friendly & Affordable. Heated Indoor Pool and Hot-Tub + Outdoor Pool. Next to Bike trail & WiFi Hot Spot & Close to Beaches. Standard rooms w/ 2 double beds + private bath etc. or Larger Efficiency rooms w/kitchenettes etc. Complimentary Continental Breakfast Daily in our Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Seashore Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seashore Park Hotel Orleans
- Park Inn Seashore
- Park Inn Orleans
- Seashore Park Inn Orleans, MA - Cape Cod