“More than a place to stay!”
Review of Seashore Park Inn

Seashore Park Inn
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I have stayed at the Seashore inn probably a dozen times over the years. Half the time with my wife and two young kids and half the time just me and my wife. I can honestly say it has been a pleasure! Not just because of the Inn but Dave and his staff are some of the most wonderful people I have met over the years! They make you feel like family.
My family has always enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, the center courtyard, and the two pools and spa, give us plenty to do when we are resting up for our next cape cod adventure.
The location as well is ideal. Literally 30 minutes or so to any destination we choose and within 10 minutes of the prime beach spots.
My wife and I look forward to a yearly golf trip over Columbus Day weekend. Again perfect location and also perfect when searching for quality restaurants or shopping.
When I think of the cape I think of motels with character and charm, not the Marriott! I am always intrigued by the seashore because although it is aged I always comment to my wife that I would have loved to see what people said when it was first built. It is the classic Cape Cod experience and what staying at the cape is all about, family and charm and creating your own fun!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jon D

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Our initial impression was extremely negative. The grounds were lifeless, and in need of landscaping attention. In looking closer, the buildings were in need of paint and repair. The pool area has the potential to be nice with some repairs to the cement work and paint on the building. The decor was of 1960's and in need of updating. My kids wanted to leave and described the place as gross. Since we were only staying for one night, I decided that we would stay. When given a closer look, the place was clean and adequate. The breakfast was not fancy, but also adequate. In general, the place looked like it was just hanging on by a thread. I will not return.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms can hear footsteps of those on 2nd floor - choose a 2nd floor room for a quieter sta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SummerAdventures
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My husband and I are moving to the Cape and had to make a last-minute trip for one Friday night. We stayed here and found it to be clean and well-equipped, including a small refrig in the room. It definitely is worn around the edges - our bath door looked like someone had previously locked their (un)happy dog in it, the grout in the bath needed some work, and the paneling in the room was pretty worn. That said, it is a really good value for the money (we paid $99 plus tax) and was perfectly acceptable for our needs. Would I recommend it to a friend coming to visit? Not likely, just a bit too worn down. Proprietor staff very friendly and helpful, clientele seemed to consist of families, young couples (but not noisy ones), and small groups of friends traveling on the Cape. Be aware that the backs of some rooms look directly onto Route 6, altho far enough away that we had no noise in the room. Can't comment on pools as we didn't even look at them, let alone use them. I would stay there again, for our particular purpose but probably not for a week vacation. .

Room Tip: we had room 6 which I am guessing is the older part of the motel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank scotladyCt
David R, General Manager at Seashore Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

We are always glad when our customers feel that they have gotten a good value here.
Of course we recognize that there is always room for improvement--which is why we do appreciate feedback from our guests--so that we can focus on particular areas going forward.
We do put more work and improvements into the higher numbered rooms first--since these rooms are higher priced-- and occupied more often.
The owners, staff and I have put considerable time, money and effort into upgrades and modernizing the facility here over the years--and we will continue to do so going forward. Providing our customers with clean,comfortable and affordable rooms-- along with a friendly staff has always been our goal-- and will continue to be-- for the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I went to the Seashore Park with my kids in late June 2013 and had a great experience. The room was comfortable with great amenities (2 TVs in the room -- I didn't have to watch Cartoon Network!) The staff was friendly and helpful. But the indoor pool saved my vacation! The second day we were there, after a day out and about, we came back to the hotel, but soon the rain started. No problem! We went to the indoor pool and had a great time. We even went again after dinner. I would recommend this place to any family traveling to the Cape with children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pullout, like we had...you get the 2nd TV, a little kitchen and refrigerator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Seashore Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

The staff, owners and I always are interested in hearing feedback from our guests'.
We are especially pleased-- when a satisfied customer takes the time to write a nice-positive review.
Too often "review" websites --such as this-- are dominated by the subjective comments of unhappy customers.
Prior to "crowd sourced" web-sites coming into existence-- the general public relied on objective reviews of professional reviewers-- who had some basis of comparison+ experience in visiting a vast array of different offerings.
We have had over 1500 room nights/4500+ guests -- stay here during the month of July 2013 alone-- 99+% --of whom are satisfied with their stay here.
Unfortunately-- I have observed that the >1% of customers with issues-- are over-represented here--since they believe that they have the most to gain-- by posting a "review"--and they will take the time and trouble-- to make their comments public-- & are now facilitated by the "internet".
Unlike the happy satisified guests'--who generally have no motivation or incentive-- to write about their positive experience.
This is why we especially appreciate --when someone does take the time to give us positive feeback.
The staff, owners and I all spend a great deal of time ,effort, & $$-- day after day--year after year to do our best-- to ensure all of our guest enjoy their time here. This is why we have continued to welcome guests here --both old and new --for the over 40+ years-- that we have been in business.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great value pick in Orleans. The hotel staff was helpful and very friendly. Included breakfast of bagels, english muffins, donuts, danish and instant oatmeal was a good start to the day. A little walk takes you to a really good miniature golf course, ice cream shop and souvenir/t-shirt store. It is a short drive to Skaket Beach (awesome for families) and Nauset Beach (oceanside). Indoor pool was very important due to some bad weather. As long as your expectations are realistic for what you are paying this place is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank edconn
Reviewed 25 May 2013

So I want to book a last minute 3 night cape cod stay for a reasonable price before the traffic of the memorial day weekend great staff, super friendly. Laura upgraded us since hotel was empty to an efficiency for the same price was great to have extra room and kitchen for myself and my daughters. Great location walk to town, restaurants , grocery store and bike trail. The pool was cold, but hot tub was nice. Rooms a bit dated but clean. No room internet as promised, had to use lobby. Free Continental breakfast pretty good and basic. The grounds are nicely kept and nice patios and grill areas for all to use. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maura M
David R, General Manager at Seashore Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

We always appreciate it when a satisfied guest takes the time to write a nice postive review of their stay here. Our staff certainly tries to ensure that our guests enjoy their visit here--which is why we will upgrade the room type for guests-- when we are able to.
Unfortunately our wifi system has been somewhat problematic this season. Although it works--the signal has not been good in all of our rooms. We have repeatedly fixed it--only to find out it breaks down again. This winter was especially tough on Cape Cod-- and some of our electronic systems have unfortunately been effected.
Since we appreciate that free in-room wifi is very important to our guests-- we have made fixing it a priority-- and hope to have a new system in operation shortly--which will work everywhere-- on 100% of the property.
We try to keep our indoor pool @ 83degrees. Most heated pools are kept in this temperature range--since any warmer temperature is not considered to be good for swimming. Our hot tub is kept at 104 for guests who desire warmer water.
Overall we're glad this guest enjoyed their stay here -and we look forward to their return visit. Our goal for the past 49 years that we've been in business- has been to give our guests a good value- for a clean and comfortable room.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

Great location for everything but we found the place outdated and not very clean. Probably would not stay there again. It had just opened for the season but the room smelled very musty. Need somthing with a little more light for me. Easy to get to Ptown and other attractions though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reb160
David R, General Manager at Seashore Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

We're glad that this guest had some positive comments regarding their recent stay here.
However-- we're never happy to read online that they weren't completely satisfied with their visit.
As was noted- we have just opened for the season--after being closed up for almost 6 months-
which is probably the reason that these guests didn't like the way their room smelled.
Our environment here is very damp--being so close to the ocean. Our housekeepers do their very best to make sure the rooms are clean --while also trying to make sure our rooms don't smell like cleaning chemicals either. Unfortunately sometimes it just takes some time to pass- to fully air out the rooms after being closed up for the winter.
All of our staff do try our very best to ensure our guests enjoy their time here--and we will continue to work towards that goal throughout the "season".

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Governor Prence Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Eastham Cape Cod
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 8 in Orleans

Been to Seashore Park Inn? Share your experiences!