“Friendly Staff, comfort and convenience!”

Governor Prence Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Friendly Staff, comfort and convenience!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My sister and I grew up loving Cape Cod and booked an evening at the Governor Prence as our central location. The staff was warm and inviting and the room was perfect! I would recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to stay on the Cape for their visit!

Room Tip: Balcony was awesome! :)
1 Thank Windy Linda A
David R, General Manager at Governor Prence Inn, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay here.
It's always gratifying for us to know that all of our efforts to make our guests' stay here with us enjoyable --are appreciated and recognized.
We hope that you will return here again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed at this Inn years ago and was not impressed then. We had to book a room for one night this last August 2014. the Inn needs an upgrade badly and rooms and grounds need to be refurbished. The bathroom was very old and run down. The heater in the bathroom looked filthy and painted over. The front door was old and repeatedly got stuck in the frame making it difficult to open the door from the inside and outside. The front window next to the door was broken. The Pool area was not enticing...the brick steps need to be replaced the the cement around the pool cracked in many places. The fence around the pool is in very poor shape needs an upgrade. The noise from guests returning late to their rooms was loud. At 6:30 am, with no manager in the front office, about 5 electrical repair men were playing ball loudly in the front court and woke us up and probably everyone else from their shouting. In all, the place is very run down and badly needs an upgrade. It appears that guests do not stay more than one or two nights.

Room Tip: Select the front court room without carpet - new floor was ok.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
David R, General Manager at Governor Prence Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
We are always interested in reading what our guest have to say regarding their stay here.
We do our very best to try to ensure that our rooms are clean & comfortabl-- and that we offer our guests a good value for their money.
I know that the vast majority of our guests who stay here --do seem to feel that we do succeed in our efforts.
Unfortunately some people's expectations still go unmet--despite our best efforts--
It frankly puzzles me-- that someone-- who was by their own admission previously "unimpressed" with their stay here-- would return here--only to pick apart & criticize virtually everything which they encounterd here.
We have in fact-- put considerable time and effort into making upgrades and improvements to our facility--and I am sorry that this customer did not see or appreciate this & found us lacking-- in spite of our many Improvements + our staff's effort.
We will however --continue to invest our time,money & effort into attempting to making our customer's time here with as enjoyable as is possible.

Travellers are raving about these Orleans hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We just finished our 2nd stay at Governor Pence inn (our extended family has always stayed there when they visit the Cape). Both times were a pleasant experience. They have set up bird feeders near the breakfast area (in a small floral oasis) so you can watch them while you eat your breakfast (great way to start the day). We also saw several squirrels, and even a bunny looking for lunch. This truly is a peaceful place to stay. The staff is very friendly, and always address any requests immediately. We will look forward to our stays there in the future.

Room Tip: Always call and book your room instead of booking online. The employees will always find you the bes...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We really appreciate when a guest takes the time to write a nice,positive review of their stay here with us.
It is especially gratifying to know that the efforts of the staff are noticed and that a guest chooses to return here--because they noticed& enjoyed the results of all of our collective hard work.
We all look forward to your return visit here in the future Joshua!
Boxborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Governor Prence Inn is a Wonderful place to just relax and just enjoy the ambviance of Beautiful Cape Cod. Per a conversation I had with the Front Desk Mgr, he recommended we visit Nauset Beach, which was about a five minute drive from the Inn. After reading up on Nauset Beach and spending an entire day there, we found Nauset Beach to be of of the most "Beautiful Beaches" that we had ever visited or had the pleasure to walk along or swim in in all of our years coming to Cape Cod. It is Breathtaking and a "Must See" to visit if you ever plan on going to Orleans in Cape Cod.

The Governor Prence Inn is also right on the scenic Cape Cod Bike Trial, and there are a lot of very fine boutiques close to the Inn to stop in and visit. We, after a day at the beach, and then a little boutique shopping would head right back to The Governor Prence Inn's sparkling clean (almost Olympic size) pool where we took a nice dip in the pool and layed lazily and leisurely on our inflatable rafts and tubes that we had purchased in downtown Orleans. Then we cooled off under the unbrella shaded section of their beautifully landscaped pool area.

We found all of the staff, as well as the housekeeping staff, inclusive, extremely helpful, cheery, professional and very knowledgeable about the town; the different types of restaurants which were all nearby to try, and housekeeping kept our rooms immaculately clean and always left us with plenty of bath towels..

The Inn is also on the scenic cape cod biketrail which goes all the way into Provincetown with some breathtaking views along the dunes and beaches. The Inn's Front Desk employees, especially, David, were so courteous and professional and made our stay and reservation(s) booking go so smoothly, and he was always willing, no matter how busy the desk was, to take the time to recommend a particular restaurant, give us accurate directions and tell us all about the Inn's amenities; ie, the delicious complimentary daily breakfasts where we enjoyed the most delicious moist chocolate chip muffins (with chocolate chips in them) made fresh everyday.

My husband had just recently been operated on for a knee replacement and I had neglected to mention the night I called the Inn for my four night stay, which was one of the best forecasted weather reports of the summer. Hence, he made the reservation; emailed me my confirmation no. and per my request gave me the room no I had preferred from my last visit.

Hence, when I told my husband the next day everything was arranged, he reminded me that I would need to call them back again and let them know he needed a room right near the pool and office so he didn't have to bring his crutches to get around. I then called the Inn back the next day, which was the day before our arrival. I was accommodated right then on that call and they accommodated me right then and there and resent me a new confirmation via email with a room right nex to the pool and front office. I am shure they had to do a lot of shuffling and rearranging of other guests that would be checking in the same day but fortunately (prior to their arrival) they took care of the reservation so my husband did not need his crutches to walk to the pool or to his morning breakfast. This was our second or third visit to this Inn and we are planning on returning next week. We can't wait and we are thrilled to be returning to "This Little Bit of Heaven" nestled right in the heart of Orleans.

Room Tip: If you have any handicaps, ask for a rm close to the pool and lobby where you can enjoy a compliment...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks Bettianne D-- for taking the time to write such a nice positive,comprehensive and detailed review of your most recent stay here.
It's great to read that all of our staff's efforts are noticed & appreciated.
We look foward to your future visits here with us!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed on the cape probably around 15-17 times so far, and had always drove past the Governor Prence without giving it too much thought. Probably because of their dull color scheme and logo designs (if you are a manager & see this, consider freshening up your colors/logos). This year I needed a hotel room last minute for 2 nights and luckily the Governor Prence had a room open. Overall, I was EXTREMELY pleased with my stay here. The location can't be beat, since it is within walking distance of most restaurants/stores in Orleans and a short 5 minute drive to Skaket & Nauset Beach (the 2 best beaches on the cape). The staff is extremely kind/helpful and they make an honest effort to try to impress their guests. The rooms were also surprisingly impressive, offering a mini-fridge, television, two arm-chairs and a nice view overlooking the pool/ back gardens. Not to mention the complimentary breakfast was a nice touch that most hotels don't have (including some "high-end" ones that I have payed a lot more for in the past). Simply put, you can't go wrong with this place and they definitely have a good set-up and environment going for them.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlexVWisco
Thanks for taking the time and effort to write such an excellent, positive review of your stay here!
It's great to get the perspective of someone who has had so much experience staying in many different locations around the area--over the years.
I certainly do appreciate your input regarding our color scheme and logos--
However I would respond by saying that Cape Cod & Orleans is a very traditional area-- which holds history and our colonial past in high regard.
Also the citizens,regulators and inspectors here in town highly value & appreciate conservative colors-- which are appropriate to this area.
We hope that you will return to stay here with us again--now that you have found us!
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean and reasonably priced motel. The continental breakfast is fine but the coffee was not drinkable. The maid service was excellent and reliable and kept our rooms very clean for us. What was truly disappointing was that their wifi service sucked! It wasn't good in the room or in the lobby area. In today's day and age, how could you not offer a high quality internet connection to your guests? It probably wouldn't even require that much of a capital investment on the owners part.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank David F
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here.
We're glad to see that you found us to be very clean and reasonably priced-- which I would think most people would regard as the most important aspect of a motel stay!
I'm sorry that you felt the Wi-fi service to be inadequate for your needs.
Please be assured that we have indeed-- invested quite a bit of time and capital/$ into making improvements to our WIFI service over the last few years--and will continue to do so--
We do realize how important it is for our guests--which is why we will continue to work on making it better for all of our many future customers.
Salem, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Perfect location between Skakut and Nauset beaches.
Front desk staff were great and were very helpful in giving directions. Room was clean and quiet.I left a pair of shoes and they have promised to mail them back to me!

Room Tip: quiet and clean room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chrissygm1956
Thanks Chrissygm for taking the time to write a review of your stay here with us.
We appreciate it when a guest is willing to share their positive experience with the online community.
I hope that you have recieved your shoes--by now--and that you will return to visit us here--again--soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Skaket Beach Motel
Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
Cove Bluffs Inn
Cove Bluffs Inn
#5 of 9 in Eastham

Been to Governor Prence Inn? Share your experiences!