Just got back from a 2 night stay this past weekend Fri-Sun. We have a 15 and 11 year old. The room was #53 upstairs overlooking the pool. Great location, nice balcony with 2 plastic chairs and a small table. It was a pet friendly room, but didn't smell at all. I even brought Oust, but didnt' need it at all. The rooms were clean, neat. The bedspreads matched the light blocking sliding glass door curtains too. We had a TV with cable and a small college fridge for drinks. Ice machine and soda machine was around the corner. The bathroom had 8, yes 8 towels (bath) everyday. You don't get that in big hotels. All 4 could shower and plenty to use for your hair as well. Never had to call maid service for more towels. The beds were fine, plenty of blankets. Bring conditioner though. Only shampoo and body lotion and facial soap. Bring your blow dryer as well. Clean bathrooms and powerfull showerhead, so that was rather nice.
No closet, but the back wall with a huge shelf and had a pole with tons of hangers. Plenty of room for an aero mattress for thh beds were DOUBLE not Queen, so for 4 people we brought the air mattress too.
They served continental breakfast which was included, tea/coffee/juice, cereal, english muffins, fruit etc. I only got tea one morning. Walked in the breakfast room the day we checked in and the only con was that it smelled like urine by the window. Its a pet friendly hotel and it smelled in one section of the room by the windows. Just wouldn't eat there. You could however take your breakfast outside as they have table and chairs and umbrella's. There is a Gazebo on the property that is lighted at night and they have a picnic table and bbq grills if you so desire to bbq. Also a badmitton net/volleyball net, so you can play games too. Not sure if you have to bring your own or if the hotel provides it. The rail trail bike path is in back of the hotel. We biked to the end in Wellfleet.
Your are within walking distance of Main St and we ate at a breakfast place up the street and at the Land Ho for dinner, very good on both counts. The Thai Cuisine within walking distance towards the rotary was also very good. Xmas tree shop pretty much across the street from the motel. Great central location in Orleans, for shopping, biking and going to any of the beaches, Nauset Beach, Coast Guard Beach, Marconi Beach, the bayside beach-Skaket. Stop & Shop up the road by the rotary has all Boar's Head cold cut premade sandwiches, so if you stock up there before you hit the beach, save some cash instead of the Last Stop Deli on the way to Nauset Beach.
The Wellfleet drive in is 15 mins up the road, don't go over the limit driving, they patrol. Plenty of restaurants and shops around in Orleans, EAstham and WEllfleet.
Its' not the Ritz but it was clean, the service was good, and the price was right. If you have AAA use it, well worth it. I'd go back again for a few nights but not a week. The pool is huge, a little weary but clean. Overall well worth it, cheap, clean and central to everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swim in our oversized outdoor pool & relax in our spacious tree shaded courtyard with gazebo. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast served daily in our cafe. We are located directly on the Bike Trails & are a short walk to Main St. Orleans - with its many restaurants, shops and galleries. Free Wireless internet access now available. All rooms are smoke free and are equipped with refrigerators. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Governor Prence Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Governor Prence Hotel Orleans
- Governor Prence Motel
- Governor Prence Inn Orleans, MA - Cape Cod