“"Fried Oysters"!!!”

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Osterville
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wimpy’s has been a favorite on Cape Cod since 1938. Featuring the freshest in seafood, beef, poultry, and our famous clam chowder. Along with our pub and dinning room Wimpy’s offers a full to go menu of and sandwiches from our seafood market.
Reviewed 7 April 2016

It's a known fact that when I roll into town, a visit to Wimpy's is soon to follow. After all, I have to get my fried oyster "fix"! Melt in your mouth fresh seafood, great chicken parm and the prime rib is a classic favorite. Great bar and craft beer selection, service is perfect and Larry "the table guy" is always there to accommodate your seating request.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Nice environment to dine. The food was good and the prices were reasonable. There is a large seating area. Overall a nice dining experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Since I am in Falmouth in the off-season (don't care for the crowds) it was difficult finding a place open for dinner using my GPS to find someplace....I finally turned the GPS off and just went exploring and certainly didn't intend to end up in Osterville but I cam upon this place and decided to go for it. What a gem!! Ordered the Seafood Trilogy of shrimp, scallops and lobster meat which came with options so I picked fries and cole slaw....didn't eat much of the fries or cole slaw cuz the Trilogy was so yummy - staff was extremely pleasant and helpful! There on a Tuesday night and it was pretty busy....can not imagine what it might be like on a weekend or during the high season. Go....definitely worth it!!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Went to an early lunch at Wimpy’s Seafood Café and Market on a Thursday in March. Hostess Pat, a gregarious young lady, instantaneously made us feel right at home in this iconic eatery in downtown Osterville, which sits right on Main Street very near the center of town. She sat us at the very rear of the building in a light and airy glassed-in addition that looked out onto a small, protected courtyard and a banking sporting perhaps three dozen colorful crocuses in full bloom. Can’t remember when I was in such a delightful location.

Only two other tables were occupied at this early hour, mostly women, all as well-seasoned as I am. Waitress Jamie, named after her Dad and who lives with her Grandfather and chocolate lab, Norman, came by wearing a smile soon after we were seated to take our order for drinks: iced water with lemon for both of us.

It was hard to choose what to order as they have an extensive menu plus a sheet of daily specials including a panini and a roll-up. I was toying with treating myself to the turkey, spinach, peppers and cheese roll-up that comes with chipotle sauce and sides of soup and pasta salad. Instead, focusing on my longevity program rather than my palate, I opted for grilled salmon with mixed veggies. I opted to swap the potato offerings for coleslaw, slightly less sinful calorie-wise but definitely reducing my carbo loading.

My table mate received a piping hot pan containing a dozen or more plump, perfectly cooked scallops that tasted heavily without any need for condiments. But the piece de resistance were my colleague’s French fries—to die for: golden brown, soft inside, coated lightly in salt and something magic. Staff tells me they come that way from their vendor but that the secret is that they are perfectly prepared in their kitchen. Apparently they are known for their fries and I was not the first one to notice. Pat likes hers very well done.

Between sharing the fries, tasting a couple of scallops and finishing most of the two sides of mixed veggies that included broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and perhaps some zucchini or its ilk morsels, I was pleasantly full and in no mood to get up from the table and to march off this unseasonably warm day. However, business had called us to this picturesque corner of the Cape and it was time to pay up and move on.
We had an ornately decorated in faux scrimshaw gift-card from Santa Claus for the Riverway Lobster House that resides much closer to our residence than its sister, Wimpy’s. Thank you Wimpy for accepting it in payment for our meal. We left Jamie a cash gratuity. I often wonder if wait staff prefer cash on the table rather than an add on to the charge carded bill.

There is a large parking lot in back of the restaurant. You can enter the restaurant from this side.

On the extensive menu we saw gluten free and vegetarian offerings, a children’s menu, Sunday Brunch offerings, salads customizable to your every wish, soups and starters in addition to their seafood, beef and chicken entries, all reasonably priced. Everything is available for take-out. Wimpy’s also has a fish market attached to the restaurant—or perhaps it’s the other way around.

Much of the quaint and friendly commercial center of the town of Osterville is easily reached on foot from the restaurant. There are many shops and stores along the two roads that meet just up the street. Though the town is a bit off the main roads crisscrossing Cape Cod, it should be a consideration if you are visiting us for more than a weekend. And there’s no place better to have lunch on your visit than Wimpy’s.

2  Thank Robert J S
Reviewed 10 March 2016

Friends of ours who live year-around on the Cape took us here on a Sunday night. They made sure that we arrived before 5:30 pm so that we could have the early bird specials. The specials include soup or salad, a good selection of entrees, and coffee and dessert. The servings were ample and we had difficulty finishing everything. All the entrees were excellent. We look forward to going back, but the restaurant will probably be busy the next time we visit this summer.