“Great chicken soup and frozen pot pie”
Review of Otis Poultry Farm

Otis Poultry Farm
Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Otis
More attraction details
Owner description: Poultry farm tours and store.
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Last March I was on my way for a get a way and pulled in for lunch. I had outstanding soup and the frozen pot pie is the best I have had, lots of meat and veggies great value

2  Thank Thomas G
There are newer reviews for Otis Poultry Farm

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Like other reviewers, we have always looked forward to our visits to OPF when traveling up Route 8. Recently we made our first visit in a while and we just got really sad when we walked in. They used to have a huge assortment of dried fruits/candies that is now nearly gone. They used to have all sorts of interesting chatchkas, all gone. The "internet cafe" is only open a few days a week. Some former refrigerated area now serves as a display case for potato chips.

And where was the guy with the hard hat? We always loved him and the other guy that seemed to work there all the time. The current staff or owners are just unpleasant. Like, why should we bother?

A visit to OPF used to be a fun experience. We always bought stuff. Now it is not a shadow of its former self. And the big piece of land to the left has a for sale sign up, so who knows what's going on. It's just really sad to see. You wouldn't be surprised to see the whole thing boarded up in a few months.

2  Thank GLBrown
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I've been driving through Otis, MA for 15+ years. Our family always stopped on the way to Lake George and on the way home to CT...and the place was always packed with customers. The past 2 years though, the place is a ghost town. We drive by almost 2x a month now and there is rarely more than 1 car in the lot...and at prime times of the day. I know the property is for sale but has something happened here to make tourists (and the locals) stop going?

2  Thank JWN12
Reviewed 19 June 2012

My first time into this store in over a decade. It didn't use to carry alcohol but the selection there now was pretty impressive. We mainly stopped in for the chicken/turkey pot pies which are pricey but very good. Both of my kids asked me why the guy behind the counter had a hard hat on, which I didn't have an answer for, I just wanted to know why he looked so bored? miserable? What ever the answer to those questions, he wasn't very friendly.
Unfortunately, I don't think this place will be around for much longer.

3  Thank DarleneZ
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Otis Poultry Farm has been family owned for more than 100 years! The current owner lives across the street but he's had enough, ready to retire, the place is for sale. Yes, they had laying hens up until the last couple of years. You could watch the owner "candling" the eggs in a curtained contraption that resembled a voting booth but with an under-lit table inside, but no more.

It now functions as a tourist-oriented general store. Fun and stop in if you're going by, but that's about it.