“Large Room, Ample Breakfast, Good Location”

SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I had to visit the area for a family event. My brother arranged a room for me at this property. Easy check-in. The room layout was a little odd but not a problem for me. It was a very large livingroom area (HUGE in fact), with a fridge and microwave and sink. The sofa was more of a loveseat and would be too small if someone wanted to sleep on that.

The TV was on a turntable so it could be watched in the livingroom area or from the bed. The bedroom area was much smaller. But sufficient for one person. Two would also be fine but more than that it would get cramped. Sink was located outside of toilet/shower. Full length mirror provided behind bathroom door. It was just a quick overnight stay for me, but I had no problems with the room. Noticed you could order food in through local restaurants, but didn't do so myself. Very quiet room. Plenty of parking. Front desk was helpful with directions. It is located on a major highway going North but the turnaround to go South or get on Rt 128/95 is just down the road a short ways. It was a very convenient location.

Breakfast was very busy the day I was there. They offered hot foods and make your own waffles along with the usual continental breakfast options. I was pleased to be able to get a bagel and peanut butter. The staff was quick to replenish coffee that had run out. The hot beverages were served in to-go cups which was also handy. I took the food back up to my room because it was quieter. Computers were located in the lobby for guest use. Pool area and gym area looked clean and well-maintained.

A handy local option with good access to highways. Clean and inviting. Just what I needed for a quick trip.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 4 August 2008

For being so close to Boston/Coast you can't beat the price. Nice large room was comfortable for the 5 of us. The Hotel staff was very helpful with information regarding travel into Boston or any other question we had. The breakfast was ample with enough food for the early bird or late riser (served from 6:30 - 9:30). Coffee and tea was supplied all day/night. Free internet service in lobby with printer was very helpful in planning our trips. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank lemmy84
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Good place to stay. Close to Boston, but at half the price. Good location to start working your way up the coast. Nice clean rooms and good complimentary breakfast (hot items like eggs and sausage along with the usual fare). Would recommend for business or vacation.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Let me clarify by saying the rooms are okay, but the hotel staff/management is not. The suites are fairly small and the only thing separating the sleeping area from the sitting room is a sort of half wall. There is one TV in the sitting area, so no watching TV from bed or in my case ...an unhappy elderly Mom and an unhappy teenage son because neither got to watch their own shows. The bathroom was tiny but, the closet was huge....go figure! The beds and the room were clean but just okay, showing some wear. The real problem with this place is the hotel desk staff and management. None of us slept for the two nights we stayed here because of phones ringing all night long, noise from adjacent rooms (both sides, above and below) and then early morning hallway noise (very loud kids running up and down the halls). Apparently the hotel booked a couple of different kids camps and had the kids staying alone in the rooms while their supposed chaperones stayed together in their own rooms. They even had a security guard stationed on our floor, I guess to make sure the kids didn't leave their rooms during the night. If only! And get this, the reason I met the security guard at 2:30am was because we had been getting phone calls/hang ups and after attempting to reach the front desk several times (I was told the next morning that they had paperwork that had to be done and had stopped answering their phone), I had thrown on my robe and was going downstairs. Suffice to say, the hotel staff said there was nothing they could do about the kids making calls, as they were calling room to room...perhaps we should unplug our phone. They could move us to another room, but had these groups staying throughout the hotel, sooooo.......Not one apology, not one bit of concern. We had stayed the week before up the road at the Homewood Suites which outclassed this place far and away. Stay away from Springhill Suites Peabody!

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank Footloose39
Reviewed 18 June 2008

The hotel was clean and well maintained, as I would expect of a Marriott property. However, our room was very small and cramped. The sink was conveniently located outside of the main bathroom, but the space was so tight that it was impossible to open the bathroom door without hitting anyone who was standing at the sink. I think Spring Hill Suites would have been better served to have turned the space into one single decent-sized hotel room. This wouldn't be my first choice for another stay in Peabody.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed 16 April 2008

Nice clean hotel, large rooms. Very conveniently located right on Route 1. Muffins & Waffles for breakfast. The only complaint was it was easy to hear people talking in the room above us.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2008

I always like the Marriott chain due to their consistency. This stay was more of the same. We chose Peabody for a two night stay as we were going to do some touring in Boston but didn't want to pay the cost for staying in the city. We just wanted somewhere clean, convenient and inexpensive to stay and this hit on all three levels.
Room ready at check in. Two beds and a small sitting area with couch, desk and wet bar/mini fridge area. Fresh linens, not top quality thread count but comfy and lots of pillows. There is a large breakfast area in the morning complete with complimentary hot continental breakfast (make your own waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, etc). It was clean and stocked both days. There is a cooler by the lobby with sodas and snacks for sale. We ordered out pizza and calzones from a place called Buffalo Bob's (or Bill's or something like that). It was very good and they delivered to the room.
Small indoor pool and hot tub area. Well kept with towels at the pool.
It was about a 10 minute drive to the Wonderland "T" stop to take into the city. There is onsite parking there for $4 and we just took the train right in. Too easy.
Definately this hotel was worth the money. Good value for the dollar.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem

Been to SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody? Share your experiences!