Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody
US$142
US$128
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody(Peabody)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$328
US$255
Groupon.com
US$161
All reviewsnice stayquiet areawould stay againhome away from homemicrowaveunitkeysgloucester
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We were given a smoking room even though we clearly reserved a nonsmoking room. This was the "only room available" at checkin which is unacceptable. We would have walked out and gone elsewhere if other hotels in the area had vacancy. It was clearly communicated to is upon checkin that this was our only option but that we could "smoke anything you want, we don't care" in the room. She was friendly but not sympathetic when I said smoking was unacceptable.

The next morning the power went out (to no fault of the hotel we were told) and the staff was extremely friendly and sympathetic. When we explained we were going to a wedding that day, one woman even offered to help me with my hair when I explained that the power went out when I was during my hair. I didn't take her up on it but it was a nice offer!! They tried to joke with us as much as we were willing and explained that many places in the area had no power.

It was nice to have a kitchen but we were told the kitchen would have dishes (cups, plates, and silverware). We only had 3 coffee mugs. Also if you provide dish soap people may actually wash the dishes as they are used instead of being forces to run an entire dish washing cycle for 2 mugs.

Overall, I will not return due to poor response to my reservation. When I make a reservation, I expect the hotel to honor all details of it. I did not appreciate the "upgrade" to a smoking room. Don't sell it as an upgrade because you gave us a room with a door. It was a disgusting smoking room. Some people have health issues and can't stay in a smoking room. If our daughter was with us, we wouldn't have been able to stay due to her health issues. We would have been left at night, hours away in a strange city, with no place to stay, and no alternatives (since other hotels in the area were full, we checked). Based on reviews online, this hotel does this type of thing often. Not acceptable.

I will never stay here and would never recommend it to anyone unless they want a smoking room and/or need a place to smoke "whatever you want" as we were told at checkin.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice enough, relatively inexpensive considering the proximity to Boston.
This hotel is at the far end of an office park. Had a small heated pool (deck still had popped water balloons all over from the night before). Pool was clean and had small towels for your use.
Free breakfast was very limited. Some oatmeal raisin bars, coffee and not too much else. Held us over until we got to Dunkin!
The refrigerator in the room STUNK.
One night was enough. Wouldn't really want an extended stay!
Note to housekeeping: don't make the bed and turn the comforter so I can see a cigarette burn and stain right in the middle!
Just FYI very pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad we were able to accommodate you during your travels; however, we are sorry to hear that your refrigerator was not cleaned properly and that your bedding was not up to standard. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure we are cleaning the appliances in our rooms. We will also be inspecting all of our bedding to make sure it is meeting our standards.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I reserved a nonsmoking room with two double beds. When I arrived at the hotel I was "upgraded" to a suite with a single bed and sofa bed. I was traveling with my 17 year old daughter a needed two beds. I asked the hotel clerk about getting a room with two beds and she said the only two bed rooms were smoking rooms. I mentioned that my reservation was for a nonsmoking room with two double beds. Her reply was "they book that way to get you on the property". The "upgrade" to give me a nonsmoking room that I had reserved costs me $40 more than my reservation and had me sleeping on a sofa bed. Very poor way to operate a business.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank CoachCoonie
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your room request. We will work with our front desk staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We are glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness and the convenient location of our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel a chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last summer as part of our honeymoon. We were very pleased. The room was comfortable and clean. The laundry facility was great and the front desk staff was very nice. Their breakfast selection was very limited, so don't expect much.
All in all it was a nice stay.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that the staff was polite and very helpful with your needs. It is great to know that we helped to make your honeymoon special.

Thank you again for your feedback about our hotel. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your anniversary!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I usually travel about four times a year with my children and even them expect good customer service. Mouse dropping in the fridge, Missing buttons on the phone, Stove extremely dirty, I had to take my garbage to the front lobby, No room service, Breakfast options were limited ( No Milk ) , Bed mattress hard like the floor, Sofa bed for kids ( Mattress coils Felt) . I was told by front desk " Our guy is out on breavement !" The room smelled like ( Old Grandpa Cologne), Lots of guest appear to me homeless ( Shelter feel, Not a hotel for vacation )

Don't Recommend at all!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nelittle1
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing "home away from home" experience. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with the staff to improve our offerings and service moving forward so that our future guests have a more enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.