“HORRIBLE !!!!!!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Disgusting place, food, and restrooms!
OMG! The exact experience happened to me and my boyfriend !!!! I picked up a box of clams and brought them right home (maybe 5 min.) After eating the clams my boyfriend was so violently sick... I didn't get it. Then about 1hr later I was having the same painful experience! I could not get up off the floor and told my boyfriend to call 911 but he was delayed because he was doing handstands on the kitchen counter with his head in the sink! We were both still violently sick when the medics arrived They brought us to Beverly Hospital. I felt like I was dying !!!!! We were at the hospital all night! Land n' Sea was visited by the Health Department and fined for unsanitary and in-proper storage of their food (that may not be the exact lingo, but you get the gist of it). I asked if any one had the same complaint and Land n' Sea said no.
Glad (but sorry for your experience) that there was someone else to justify our experience. DONT GO!!! Thank you!

Date of visit: October 2012
1  Thank Beachday365L

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The clam plate was great. French fries, cole slaw. Butter for the roll would have been good. Other than that it was great.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Everything on the menu is fried. There was breading all over the floor in the kitchen which looked dirty and the tables in the seating area were all dirty. The restaurant looks like a closed down McDonalds which was reopened as an interesting Greek Restauraunt which you can only tell by the pictures in the eating area.

We were visiting in from NY and decided to try this place based on the 11 reviews above.

1  Thank Nytravelfan2012
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Neighborhood place, great fried fish- I had shrimp and onion rings- excellent. Quick service. Cole slaw is a little weird- cabbage only, no mayo, which is OK, but it tasted almost like sauerkraut. Maybe because they gave me so much that it was overwhelming to eat. Order at counter and pick up.

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Hadn't been here for 4 years or so, I'm not in Peabody like I used to be. Stopped here in May with my sister, for roast beefs. She usually gets their excellent fried food, but abstained that day. They also have excellent chowders, which I used to pick up for my Mom, who lived nearby.
Another place with the same staff and owners forever. The owner still recognized my sister from 40 years ago, when she worked for him, when it was just an outside stand!
So if you want reliable, delicious, fresh food, this is the place!

Date of visit: May 2012

Been to Land and Sea? Share your experiences!