“Dependable, very good”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 172 Restaurants in Peabody
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 114 & 128
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Seafood Nation loves our outpost in Peabody, at the junction of Routes 128 and 114. Those traveling to and from the beaches in Cape Ann are known to jump ship for some fresh catch. And those considering a fishing trip, visit us instead. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including “Most Popular Boston Restaurant” (Zagat, 2012/2013), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Improper Bostonian, 2010), “Best Chowder” (Boston Magazine, 2010), “Best Seafood Restaurant” (Boston Phoenix, 2009) and the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

5 adults for lunch, the food was excellent, service professional and helpful, big servings. We had fish and chips, grilled trout and three of us enjoyed the soft shell crab BLT sandwiches. I have not had a soft shell crab sandwich for 20 years when I used to have them on the waterfront in Baltimore and they were as good as I remember. We had a very relaxed and enjoyable lunch again as this was our third time at this restaurant.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Thanks Legal Sea Foods. Apparently you never disappoint! Went for a last minute dinner at the Peabody location at North Shore Mall. The food was excellent--cannot stop raving about lobster bisque, mixed grilled seafood platter and crab cakes--yum!...all crab, delicate flavor, slight hint of mustard. What was going to be a last minute meal became a great dining experience. Thanks. PS-Wish you still had valet parking.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Legal Seafood at the North Shore Mall is a large, casual and comfortable restaurant. Service is very good, but the reason to come is the seafood, which is excellent. I recommend almost any of the seafood dishes, and the famous clam chowder remains first rate.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I went there for dinner one night after shopping in the Mall.
The only reason we went was because we had a gift certificate. The restaurant had
Nice atmosphere, but it is way over priced, even for seafood! The food was okay, but tasted like they hadn't changed the oil when cooking, and/or cooked everything in the same grease. :(
There is much better out there, in this area, go for the small out of the way places. Usually the best.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having dined at several Legal Seafood's in the past I was rather disappointed this time around. The restaurant itself is clean and inviting and the hostess was extremely pleasant. Our server was pleasant as well. My husband and I each ordered a cup of chowder which was served hot and was pretty good. We ordered a fisherman's platter to share (we had been eating all day so we were not overly hungry!) and we were very disappointed in the quality of the seafood. The entire platter was overcooked and the fish and shrimp appeared to have been previously frozen. I have no way of knowing if this was the case but this is how it appeared to us. The coleslaw was too watery and I didn't care for the taste of it at all. Over rated and over priced....very disappointing but perhaps we just caught them on a bad day!

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!