“If you are looking for Italian GO HERE!”

Petrillo's Italian Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 165 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

First off, to get the disclaimer out of the way, I am a LOCAL person. I live in Peabody and realized I have NEVER reviewed anything here. That being said, it is only fitting that I review one of my favorite restaurants. Linda and her family have a great restaurant. She and her sons are basically always there and ensuring that that what comes out of the kitchen is great. They have fantastic traditional Italian dishes, Chicken Parm, Veal Saltinboca, etc and then lamb and other items mixed in. It is all super fresh. You have to make sure you choose the homemade fussilli! The other secret to Petrillos is the take out! Their sandwiches are second to none! Be sure to try the Petrillo Sub, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This Italian family restaurant with many positive reviews was a disappointment to us. We love and eat at Italian restaurants all the times. We spent more than $90.00 in this place. We tried the Eggplant Rotalini, the tomato sauce was OK, but the eggplant was very thinly sliced and over filled with ricotta cheese, the only thing you can taste was the cheese. (you should be able to taste and enjoy all the ingredients in concert, not just ricotta). We tried 2 veal dishes, Veal Bragiolitini and Veal Parm, both were very, very salty, (all you can taste was the salt) over cooked,as if microwaved and smothered with salty tomato sauce, as if the cooks were salt happy or they were trying to hide their inferrer products. As Italian food lovers and cooks that was totally unacceptable from a well known establishment..... Would we go back to this place? NO. If you planing to try this place, make sure you order your food not salted and ask that the sauces be put aside. They claim that they cook each meal to order, make sure they cook your veal right, veal should not be cooked more than 2 minutes on each side.
For the owners, it is really a lousy way to lose local customers, who eat out several times a week. Please do not serve food you do not eat or serve to your family. People go out to eat in restaurants to have a memorable and enjoyable experience, not to waste their time and money on inferrer and unhealthy products.

4  Thank wgtatravel
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The food is homemade and very yummy. The staff is awesome. Great place for a date night, make reservations tho.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Ten of us went Sunday for my mother in laws birthday... First they opened rest for us at 2pm which was great I spoke to Linda on the phone She was very accommodating. we had a nice long table started with appetizers which were all great brucetta, toasted ravoli and the eggplant rollitini ..a little pricey but excellent .. we all had something different for dinner from the chicken parm to the steak tips we were not disappointed ...my mother in law had the lobster ravoli she raved about it ...the homade fuselli so good you can get it on the side for extra 3.00 so worth it ..deserts were to die for the bomba cake really awesome my pumpkin cheese cake so good ...and the tiramisu all great we had brought a rum cake as well ...service was very good our waitress was nice and very attentive to our needs . The restaurant had nice décor and Italian music in the back ground ..it isn t too big so for a birthday I would advise to make a reservation ...Everyone was pleased with the food nice time We will go back it was excellent ....

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Save your gas and your time and go to downtown Peabody! one of my favorite dishes is veal marsala and when it comes to having Veal Marsala, the sauce is everything. We were a party of six and four us of us had variations of the veal with the recommended Marsala sauce and it was absolutely delicious. Usually I bring some home but not this day. The portions were generous and we all cleaned our plates. The other two in our party had chicken and veal Parmesan and we all felt it was just as good as going into the famous north end in Boston without fighting the traffic and trying to find a parking spot. Can't wait to go back!