“Great staff and location”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for a family celebration at Carrabas restaurant-- right next door. Of the 5 days we were here, the hotel offered friendly advice, shuttle service to the mall, breakfast in the morning, daily paper. perfect location for our family who live in nearby towns. Everyone was polite and accommodating. We heard it could be a bit noisy, but we asked for a suite in the back of the building and it was very quiet. Could not have been happier. We would stay there again. The suite had a big room, and a pullout sofa which was perfect for us, as well as sitting area/dining room and kitchenette.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Tara F
Carlos A, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for making Holiday Inn Peabody your choice hotel in the northshore. We appreciate the review of your stay, I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with the service you have come to know from Holiday Inn. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Rooms Manager

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed here a quick night for business. Hotel has plenty of parking and is attached to a Carabba's restaurant. Check in was quick and easy and room was adequate. Appears to be updated bath and bedding, furniture was beat up, and carpeting was pretty nasty.
Breakfast and check out were uneventful. OK hotel, nice lobby, mostly updated. Just need to update the carpeting.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ryan T
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I go to Boston once a year to the hospital and find this location on Rt#1 on my way home. I am a handicap in a wheelchair and they make every effort to give me a very nice room that is truly handicap accessible. The staff is so courteous that they even follow up with me to see if I am happy with the room. An added bonus is the Carabba's Italian eatery at the same location. We can get off the road and never get back in traffic to have dinner.

Room Tip: a real handicap accessible room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlos A, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Holiday Inn Peabody. We know how important it is for you to stay in a place that takes care of all your needs. We pride ourselves in our customer service to all our guests. We hope to see you again the next time you are back in the area.

Rooms Manager

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I went for Halloween 2013 to be close to Salem. My boyfriend and I shared our room with another couple and we were very pleased with the space of the room... it was very big and open. The staff there was very helpful and friendly and it was very convenient because there was a shuttle service to take us right into downtown Salem. The only complaint that I have is that the vending machines were broken and were very old. The room was also almost $300/night but that's because of the holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Carlos A, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for your review, We at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Peabody appreciate all of our guests comments. We recognize the importance in your feedback and intend to use it to improve the service we provide. As a manager I am always happy to hear that staff was friendly and helpful to our guests. I will look into the vending machines and see what can be done to correct this situation. Please feel free to contact me on your next visit to the area.

Director of Rooms Div.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

If you have business in the Northshore of Boston or along the norther half of the Route 128 Corridor, then this is one of dozens of hotels you can stay in. You must have a car! The hotel is located directly on Route 1, about 15 - 20 minutes from Logan Airport. If you have a car, there are numerable choices of food of every level. The hotel itself has a Carrabbas Restaurant attached, which is good.
The rooms are typical older style holiday Inn, nothing exciting, but clean and with all the necessary amenities. The rooms are indoor corridor and the beds are comfortable. This is a business hotel. Be careful to add lots of extra time for morning flights near rush hour... Route 1 can turn into a parking lot and your alternate routes are not friendly...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ssam11, Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and am looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here two nights on a business trip and really did not think it was up to Holiday Inn standards.

Front desk person who checked us in bored on being miserable. There was no priority check in as a Priority Club member. I asked him about it (since I get it at HI's everywhere I go) and he said they don't do it. Check in took far too long to get a room. (Working with others at the front desk during my stay was a bit better.)

Hotel lobby was standard, but there IS NO ON-SIGHT RESTAURANT OR BAR - no matter what they tell you. The restaurant/bar is across the parking lot. It is a Carraba's. The hotel has a conf room converted for an over-priced buffet or menu items that cost the same as the buffet. Service was friendly there but hard to find. Weekdays, there is no place at all to get lunch. You need to drive. Carraba's is open for lunch on the weekend I believe, but not weekdays.

Room was basic except for the "mattress of torture" and horrible linens/towels - far too scratchy.

If I have to return to the area, I will look to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
ssam11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear

Thank you for posting your review. I am so disappointed to hear that your stay was less than enjoyable. I have discussed your checking experience with my Front desk mgr to unsure that the problem you described is addressed. As you already wrote, Carrabbas is our restaurant for room service and dinner but I can understand how not having a lunch option at the hotel during your visit can be less than satisfying. We do offer complementary shuttle services to many local restaurants in the area.
We do have IHG awards check-in area which is on the right side of the desk, as you may experienced in your travels that the rewards program is very popular and on average night we have 50 to 75 guest members checking-in and the reception area can be heavily utilized.
Feel free reaching out to me directly to discuss as I would like for you to give us another chance to service you in the near future and regain your trust and business.
Sam
978-535-4600 ex 123

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel is located on a very busy "road" (more appropriately referred to as a highway); it had a very weird/musty smell (despite the hotel mgt claiming that they had just renovated the place); and the hotel says their address is 1 Newbury Street, but on Apple's and Google Directions the address was listed as 128 Newbury Street which is on the other side of Newbury Street (aka Highway). I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear jchjr,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any confusion about our hotel's location on the Google map. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody
Boston Marriott Peabody
Best Western Plus North Shore Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston-Peabody
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!