“Appetizers make a meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's American Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appetizers make a meal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My daughter and I went to have a light dinner, and found a combination of salads and appetizers was a delicious and (fairly) inexpensive option. Try the crab cakes...they'll satisfy the pickiest seafood eater.

Visited October 2013

Peabody, Massachusetts
“Waste of money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

The service was good but that was it. The nachos were just ok pretty boring but our lunch yuckkkk. We ordered the ribeye it was horrible it was more like an order of fat with a sliver of meat. I have never seen so much fat on a piece of steak. Just like my title waste of money would never eat here again.

“Shotty service from beginning to end”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Joes American Bar and grill faithfully for the past 10 years, and I have always had a wonderful experience. I recently went for a night out with my husband and from the moment we got there things went downhill. The hostess brought us to a table facing the kitchen, which I wasn't too please about to begin with. I looked down at my seat and discovered a large spot of BBQ sauce,instead of saying something like let me clean that for you or offer an apology, she watched me attempt to clean the spill. My husband asked if instead of me having to clean the table if we could be moved to another table. The waitress offered an equally dirty table right next to it.
Our waitress came over and asked for our drink orders, my husband asked for a bottle of Pelligrino and the waitress replied "what's that?" With a look of disgust and confusion on her face. I explained it is the same thing as sparkling water. Next my husband ordered a Caesar salad and a cup of onion soup, soup as an appetizer.
The waitress put our orders in and returned shortly with a cup of clam chowder. When we told her that we had ordered the onion soup there was no apology. She returned with the French onion soup and again no apology for the mix up.
The rest of our meals were cooked ok. We were enjoying our meals and she came back and plopped the bill on our table without asking if we wanted anything else. We actually did want dessert but she didn't ask if we wanted any.
I am very disappointed about my last few experiences at Joes, I have even referred to it as my favorite restaurant. Unfortunately, the service stinks and the menu leaves much to be desired. Sorry Joes I will be calling somewhere else my new favorite!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rosalbaj314
Massachusetts
“Burgers and also a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

It is a very pleasant restaurant. The location is very good, but the parking may be tough. We like going there, but the quality of the food changes sometimes, not sure why... The food is very good in general and the fried calamari are one of the best compared with other restaurants. Chicken Piccata is great also!

• Visited August 2013
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Excellent service and very good dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We decided to have dinner at the North Shore Mall location, and upon entering the restaurant received a warm welcome and were seated immediately. The waiter was very polite, pleasant and attentive. Within minutes we received cold beverages and delicious bread fresh out of the oven. The meals were for the most part excellent. I ordered the Chicken Piccata, which had a wonderful lemon flavor and was prepared, as I had requested, without capers. My friend ordered the Cobb salad with grilled salmon which she loved. And my husband did enjoy his steak although there was quite a large piece of fat on one side which he chose not to eat. We would definitely come here again!

• Visited September 2013